I've been unfaithful .

Topher-EK9

Killa B !!
Donator
I am selling my civic listed in FOR SALE.

i went for a ride in my mates 1997 starlet glanza v, and it was amazing even on standard suspension it holds the road and pulls like a trian . once i was out of the car i realised i wasn't having as much fun with 170hp vtec as he was with 140hp turbo.
I know its a lighter car so Power/weight is nearly the same as the civic EK4.
I went to have a look at a Starlet gt turbo 1994 yesterday and bought it LOL.
It is 1.3 turbo with:
front mounted intercooler
apexi turbo timer
Apexi ss exhuast
screamer pipe
tein super street suspension
2 sets of alloys

will get picks up as soon as i get it then i will sit back and enjoy this forum for what it is as i will not really be able to contribute anymore ........................................
only kidding i will still keep up to date with this forum.

EK9.org FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Fair play mate, sounds like a lot of fun. For me though..

Honda > Toyota.

Look forward to seeing some pics

There awesome cars mate I have owned 3 starlets 1 sr and 2 starlet gt turbos u a member of toyota gtturbo.com yet? Been fancying a tdo4 powered one recently myself. Good luck with the new motor any questions just ask mate.

Chris

they are very good cars and for a 1.3 being able to goto 280bhp if not more they are crazy little cars :) .

they are very good cars and for a 1.3 being able to goto 280bhp if not more they are crazy little cars :) .

spend a few grand on a b16 and you will easily get that so that argument hardly holds water

but if you spent £500 on a starlet youd have 200bhp and piss over every honda.

don`t bet on it mate. i`ve shut many mouths of turbo starlet owners.
ps I say stone Topher!!! Only kidding. Hope you enjoy your car man!! My mate had a glanza prior to his eg6, swift car!:nice:

I had a Glanza.

Fully forged motor, every imaginable modification done, 275hp and got rid of it for an EK9. I don't regret it one bit.

The only thing the Glanza had over the EK9 was power/torque, but the EK9 is such a better car all round.

Not to knock the Starlets though, they are great for what they are, cheap to mod and you can get lots of power for very little money.

lol, as said, dont bet on that one mate. I can safely say mine pulls from 200BHP starlets. As pateras_vtec said, ive also zipped alot of there mouth shut when they see me fly by.

Not knocking starlets as i own 1 and love it to bits, soo much fun, more fun then the EK9 i would say unless you hit b roads then the EK9 is much more fun. But what you said 200BHP starlet will piss over EVERY honda? Be real.

Last edited:
@Topher-EK4, you will love your starlet mate, they really are wicked little cars. Mod it right and they become right weapons.

i would have an EK9 if i had 6k or more , but the gt turbo is 2350 and pushing near 180 hp in a car weighing 880kg ..........nuff said

lol lot of feedback init

830KG for Mk1 GT turbo
860KG Mk2 GT turbo
920KG Glanza

Yeah for the money you cannot complain.

If it's 180bhp mate it must have more mods than u have listed?
Must be running atleast 1 bar and have some sort of fueling.
With the mods u have listed I would say 145- 150 mate still bout 160bhp per ton!

If it's 180bhp mate it must have more mods than u have listed?
Must be running atleast 1 bar and have some sort of fueling.
With the mods u have listed I would say 145- 150 mate still bout 160bhp per ton!

between 145-150 will be between 170-177BHP per tonne. Thats good :)

a 200bhp gt starlet would smoke a 200bhp honda civic that has stock gearing and that is a fact.dont eat me either im a total honda head!i had a dc2 with 196hp proven and my mate had a 165ish(cant remember exact figure)and i only barely had him didnt pull away really til 4th.ive seen 200 hp gt's beating evo's,fairly stock mind but there far more than 200hp.

Last edited:
well add to the list of mods an air filter, adjustable actuator, manual boost valve, turbo down pipe, and a reconditioned turbo with larger turbo impeller. i'm sure once i decent map i'll get at least 160hp

Back