How much do B16B's go for?

Gee

Hi all,

I am looking into purchasing a B18C engine only, which may cost me around £1250 shipped.

I have a friend that is local to me who is a mechanic and has offered to do the engine conversion for me and also take the B16B off my hands.

From what I have seen (and he agrees) B16B's seem to go for more than B18C's or am I wrong? Because if so, he said he will install the engine for me, take my B16B and actually give ME some money as they appear to be worth more?

:confused:

I am unsure as to how much to ask from him though, minus his labour costs for putting the engine in. He is having a think about it too, so thought I would do a little research in order to come to an agreement.

What do you think guys?

I always thought they went for a similar price ?
sounds like a good deal your getting there though if hes willing to give you some money back aswell!
you sure its a jdm b18c? what year engine is it?

What mileage on both engines? Trusted seller for the 1.8?

That sounds very cheap for a B18C with everything

Does it come with Gearbox and all ancilleries?

If everything is above board thats the best deal ive ever heard in my life!

infact, if you dont move on it, i will haha!

b16bs would mainly be worth more to rally men as there all balanced and ported / polished as standard

Dont look into it. Your getting a cracking deal, Although don't suppose you would want to rip your mate off:lol:

ach

what his mate doesnt know wont hurt him

go for it man

Hi all,

I am looking into purchasing a B18C engine only, which may cost me around £1250 shipped.

That sounds very cheap for a B18C with everything

Does it come with Gearbox and all ancilleries?

lulz. if your mate will swap them for free i wouldnt make him give you an money.

b16b's suck they dont even make enough power!!!get the 1.8 all day or build your self a motor like i do!!!!!!!!2.0 is where it's at!

b16b is a great engine for the 1.6 class for clubman stage rallying thats why people are trying to sell them for more.

doesn't get much better for outta the box performance on a NA 1600 engine to rally with

and they are no more ported and polished than a b18c unless you were comparing b16b to b16a Leek9?

b16b's suck they dont even make enough power!!!get the 1.8 all day or build your self a motor like i do!!!!!!!!2.0 is where it's at!

Hmm not really mate! B16b is very good engine! it produces 185bhp as standard can you tell me what other 12 year old engine produces that much from a 1600 NA??

its also very well built! and more than likely built better than your 2.0l engines

everyone is open to an opinion but no need to put it across that harsh really is there?

Hmm not really mate! B16b is very good engine! it produces 185bhp as standard, what other 12 year old engine produces that much from a 1600 NA??

its also very well built!

everyone is open to an opinion but no need to put it across that harsh really is there?

Very well stated friend. Envy is for those who struggle to give props where props are due. :nice:

The B16B was purposely built for the EK9 chassis which it responded very well to it and that is an understatement as i've never driven an EK9 here in the states. In fact the EK9 won car of the year by many Jap magazines the first year it came out 1997, it only increased performance after that(99-00).

Getting back to topic.

I purchased a full B16B swap from JHPUSA.com for the total price of $3900 an addtl shipping costs of $600 from California to Texas, USA. Swap included everything to get the swap going and engines average around 20,xxx-40,xxx miles.

Just to give you an idea of what they're worth over here in the USA.

Hi guys,

Thank you for the replies.

It is engine only, no gearbox, no dizzy or intake manifold etc as they would be used from the B16B.

Is the intake same on the B16B as B18C? Or would I need that included?

Oh yeah and reputable seller. Will provide copies of MOT certificates and service history too.

About same mileage on both, 80,000 miles.

b16b is a great engine for the 1.6 class for clubman stage rallying thats why people are trying to sell them for more.

doesn't get much better for outta the box performance on a NA 1600 engine to rally with

and they are no more ported and polished than a b18c unless you were comparing b16b to b16a Leek9?

well no point in comparing a 1.8 with a 1.6 class engine

Your cock must be much bigger than the rest of us 1.6 owners.

Your cock must be much bigger than the rest of us 1.6 owners.

speak for youself mate, my 1.8 feet pleases the ladies lol

i doubt CRXtypeR has ever owned an ek9 (may be wrong) but if he hasnt then his comments are null and void about b16b's being crap engines

Hi guys,

Thank you for the replies.

It is engine only, no gearbox, no dizzy or intake manifold etc as they would be used from the B16B.

Is the intake same on the B16B as B18C? Or would I need that included?

Oh yeah and reputable seller. Will provide copies of MOT certificates and service history too.

About same mileage on both, 80,000 miles.

Can someone confirm the inlet manifold on the B18C and B16B are the same?

Also, is a 96 Integra exhaust manifold better than a B16B exhaust manifold? Because the way it has been decribed, the engine comes with no ancillaries so I would want to use a Teg manifold for the time being, before upgrading to an aftermarket one.

Back