How many Ek9 were made?

tommygros

tommygros
just wonderin out of curiosity how many ek9's were made???and if there were any special editions?

"apparently" there were only 200 Race bases made, but these are just lesser spec EK9s with windy windows for lightweightness, still come with AC and PS amongst other things

there were even Less N1s made but i don't think the EK9 was a limited run car itself

"apparently" there were only 200 Race bases made, but these are just lesser spec EK9s with windy windows for lightweightness, still come with AC and PS amongst other things

there were even Less N1s made but i don't think the EK9 was a limited run car itself

I thought the N1 was the race-base :angry2:

No there was a race base

and then there was an N1 which is even more so dedicated for track, im sure it comes caged with one seat from Honda :shocked: not 100% sure but i think so

No there was a race base

and then there was an N1 which is even more so dedicated for track, im sure it comes caged with one seat from Honda :shocked: not 100% sure but i think so

theres only 1 race ek9 from the factory..

That is the ''race base'' / N1 as said before fully stripped rear interior , no recaro (standard ek seats), no power anything including steering , clear rear windows , no aerial etc etc..

Only 200 of these were made but people try to pass off regular ek9s as N1's

Then you had a regular ek9 with power steering , full recaro etc etc

Then you had the RX edition (SEP 98 Onwards) with doo daas and bell whistles :)

Last edited:
theres only 1 race ek9 from the factory..

That is the ''race base'' / N1 as said before fully stripped rear interior , no recaro (standard ek seats), no power anything including steering , clear rear windows , no aerial etc etc..

Only 200 of these were made but people try to pass off regular ek9s as N1's and were produced in september 1998.

Then you had a regular ek9 with power steering , full recaro etc etc

Then you had the RX edition (SEP 98 Onwards) with doo daas and bell whistles :)

nice write up, so basically if we did like get the p.steering off, change the window into manual instead of power window, and oso take out the AC and Stereo we get a race base model as well?

I`ve seen some pictures of the race base models and all of them had rear seats. Dunx had one for sale here some time ago and i recall clearly rear seats and and interior.

I`ve seen some pictures of the race base models and all of them had rear seats. Dunx had one for sale here some time ago and i recall clearly rear seats and and interior.

Many refer to a normal basic ek9 (non RX edition) as the race bace model... which is not true.

If they were real N1's they might have had the rear interior installed because the rear seatbelt points are there.

nice write up, so basically if we did like get the p.steering off, change the window into manual instead of power window, and oso take out the AC and Stereo we get a race base model as well?

Your half way there!:nice: Honda did do a lot more work like cleaning up wiring looms and painted the body several coats less!

I assumed the race base was the one with no SRS, EW, ABS etc but a full interior and i think it must have came with optional tinted rear windows. The N1 is very rare having no interior no luxurys at all no tinted windows. The same track version of the dc5 didnt even have a lsd!
Dunx

I assumed the race base was the one with no SRS, EW, ABS etc but a full interior and i think it must have came with optional tinted rear windows. The N1 is very rare having no interior no luxurys at all no tinted windows. The same track version of the dc5 didnt even have a lsd!
Dunx

FD2 Civic Make Race doesn't come with LSD either mate :nice:

I'll agree to disagree DUNSY if you will :D

I believe that those are real N1's probably with interior re-fitted , a/c or p/s to sell from japan.. Alot of information can be confused through Japanese translation from auctions , dealers etc..

Edit: I see the rear windows have non-factory tint in your mates advert..

I have suspicion that is a real N1. It has alot of circuit spec mods aswell.

Last edited:
Back