What can happen on track...

ijwhiteman

Super Moderator
Donator
_DSC0026.jpg

Hello

Yesterday i had a trackday @ Snetterton, many things had happened in the build up to the day but i didn't let it phase me.

I'll let the pictures do the talking but in short i was having some fun with a teg that was quicker in some places and slower in others so IMO we we're quite closely matched. Anyway up the main straight he was behind me and we we're making a pass on a EK9. The problem was when we got to the corner i felt there wasn't a great deal of room left as the EK9 was still on my right so i tried to carry some corner speed to avoid taking all 3 of us out. The back stepped out so i full locked to correct it only when the grip returned it threw me back the other way a full 180 onto the grass where we where then passengers untill the ride ended.

Once it happened i climbed out of the window up the embankment, looked at the car to realise my GF was still in i ran down to see if she was ok. Thankfully she was absolutly fine.

I think i was more concerned about my camera which was behind my seat and the fact i destroyed my spoon mirror!

Got some decisions to make now

Repair it,

Break some of it and get an EK9 then fit the cage coilovers and other bits to the 9,

Break it and buy a EP3 or DC5....

Heres the pics before and after

_DSC0390.jpg

_DSC0449.jpg

_DSC0722.jpg

_DSC0110.jpg

_DSC0526.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062-1.jpg

DSC_0063-1.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065-1.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Rest in piece.

these things happens, the main thing every ones fine. Onwards and upwards i say, look what me and matt done to his!

Bit a nightmare that mate but its only the rear quarter that would have debating what to do. The rest is all bolt on stuff and you could have it sripped in an hour or so. the panels are all pretty cheap (except mirror etc) but it depends wether you want to repair the rear quarter knowing its been filled/repaired (mines been done 3 times) or wether you would want to go down the route of replacing the complete quarter.

I can apprciate though that when a car is damaged, you kind of fall out of love with it so only you can decide the best route to go to be honest, but good luck with it anyway mate :nice:

I'm guessing you dont have track day cver etc?

bad luck.. Still i don't think it's such a big mess there! Is it injured on suspension and wishbones as well?

that crap , looked a very nice car.

Last edited:
(Quote) Once it happened i climbed out of the window up the embankment, looked at the car to realise my GF was still in i ran down to see if she was ok. Thankfully she was absolutly fine.

Running off and leaving the girlfriend in the car not the best move Lol. Could be time for an ek9 use the bits you can. Glad your both ok. :)

As Kris says the damage might not be as bad as it looks, get that suspension/subframe fully checked out before you make any rash decisions - it could be the cheapest option to repair. Mine has been in a smash, rear quater has nasty filler all over it but subframe etc is ok, so no doubts. Your car has all the better bits than an EK now so take your time.

I'm guessing you dont have track day cver etc?

Wish i did now lol.... I would like a change but there is a lot of hassle in breaking...

(Quote)Running off and leaving the girlfriend in the car not the best move Lol.

I know i couldn't believe she was fine with it. She remembered what they said in the briefing.... STAY IN THE CAR! lol :angry:

As Kris says the damage might not be as bad as it looks, get that suspension/subframe fully checked out before you make any rash decisions - it could be the cheapest option to repair. Mine has been in a smash, rear quater has nasty filler all over it but subframe etc is ok, so no doubts. Your car has all the better bits than an EK now so take your time.

It certainly runs in a straight line drove it home a 5am this morning. Definitely bent the tracking rod or atleast knocked it out.

You mention a change but, a couple of panels and maybe a refurb/other rims and as good as eh, so much time & effort has gone into it.

Do what i did, I took my car straight home and pulled all the bent/damaged parts off it the same day (if you have a garage that is).

When you take a step back and all you see is a dented rear quarter, it might give you some inspiration on what to do, especially seeing how quick everything unbolts.

IIRC, I repaired mine for about £300 (minus paint as I worked in a bodyshop) but my suspension was comepletely wrecked front and back!

You mention a change but, a couple of panels and maybe a refurb/other rims and as good as eh, so much time & effort has gone into it.

Yeah i know think i'll sleep on it a bit more first.

Do what i did, I took my car straight home and pulled all the bent/damaged parts off it the same day (if you have a garage that is).

When you take a step back and all you see is a dented rear quarter, it might give you some inspiration on what to do, especially seeing how quick everything unbolts.

IIRC, I repaired mine for about £300 (minus paint as I worked in a bodyshop) but my suspension was comepletely wrecked front and back!

Thats not to bad buddy. Trouble is its the bodyshop that will sting me most. The way i feel is it will never be the same again... I'll give it a week i think.

Talk to plenty of people.

really gutted for you mate, as your really gettin into trackdays id repair that and dont worry about little attention to details to save money, if your lucky and can wait you may be able to find same colour panels, rear quarter will be headache as said already by kris

Use this oppotunity to get a 9 :)

Please don't get an EP3 lol.
Shame about what's happened. It's a fine car.

If your planning on doing more track days id fix it. just think how pissed of you would be if you spent loads of cash on a ek9 then smashed that at the track.
but as already said its a chance to upgrade to a ek9 .

Last edited:
No way thats a dull one dude! hope you get it all sorted. Get an ek9 now! :)

Horrible bud You put alot of time & love in to this car:(( Oh i left you a cheeky msg on swc if u decide to move on to dc5 or ep3:nice:

Back