ek4 vti turbo plans , help needed!

lev

hi i have an ek4 vti and i am looking to turbo in the coming months and i need some advice on what i can acheive on stock internals or whether i need to upgrade for what i want . i am looking to acheive around 250 whp safely, i dont really want a sitting time bomb , but i also have a limited amount of money to spend . i have seen a greddy turbo kit on a UK site and it runs @ 7psi . are there any other kits in the US that anyone knows about ? and anygood sites to get good stuff?
my mods are currently magnaflow catback, decat, , aem short ram intake , d2 lrca's and eibach springs on stock dampers .
hope you guys can point me in the right direction

cheap, reliable, fast... you can only have two out of the three! Simple as that :nice:

The question really is what do you want to do with the car in the long run!

There is a guy in the uk who has a civic jordan turbo making 300whp on standard internals he has been running it over a year with no problems. I can PM you his details if you like. he maps car's full time so he can sort you out with the tuning side of it and also recommend parts.

Greddy kit is a nice option, the Edelbrock kit is a better option :nice: 250whp is a very low goal, you can achieve that safely and with a reasonably low cost, you would need the Edelbrock turbo kit, upgraded clutch, upgraded exhaust and thats pretty much it. Would also be a good idea to make sure your brakes are in good shape ;) maybe put some good pads in there at least :nice:

thanks for the help guys, i am hoping for the engine to last for quite a long time so do you think i should plan for forged pistons in the long run . or will i not need them if i am running low boost . my aim is at the most 250whp. and another quick question is the edelbrock kit available in the UK ??

thanks for the help guys, i am hoping for the engine to last for quite a long time so do you think i should plan for forged pistons in the long run . or will i not need them if i am running low boost . my aim is at the most 250whp. and another quick question is the edelbrock kit available in the UK ??

You don't need forged pistons for such little power and yes you can find the edelbrock kit in UK.

Back