Which 70mm throttle body?

Higmeister

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty new to K20's and I am building a K20a2 to swap into my DC2.

I have an RRC inlet manifold and I'm going to get it ported to 70mm and get a throttle body to match. I'm just unsure what to go for and I am wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Hybrid Racing, Skunk 2 or Toda throttle body?

A tb is a tb in my opinion what matters is the quality of porting done I'd go for cheap blox

I'm sure there will be a few out there that will disagree that a throttle body is just a throttle body.

Porting will be top notch from the machine shop that I use so should be no problem there

I have the hybrid one I got a couple of years ago and it's a piece of sh*t. It may of changed from when I got mine but I've had nothing but trouble with mine and it's done about 50 miles max.

See thats the kind of feed back I'm looking for...though sorry to hear that the TB is being a pain in the ass.

Heard that the HR throttle body the TPS done align up. Plus HR are a pain to deal with. Ktuned have been great but their TB is 90mm?

probably worth posting on k20.org or some of the likes of Honda tech. You're always going to get issues with aftermarket parts, just need to find who is the most reliable.

Skunk2 :D Go with the one that has a firm distributor in this country imo (not biased at all :p)

I'd go skunk2 aswell have a lot of there products and the quality is great

I see Skunk2 do both 70mm and 74mm TB. Not too much difference in price. Would there be any drawbacks getting the 74mm? Obviously the RRC will be getting ported to match

If the engine is internally stock just stick with OEM throttle body, I've yet to see any significant gains from a 70mm throttle body on a stock k20a with bolt on's, also 90% of aftermarket TB's for K20 tend to stick, Skunk2 included.

I will be uprating the valvetrain in the near future. Whether I stick with the OEM TB until then I'm not sure

If the engine is internally stock just stick with OEM throttle body, I've yet to see any significant gains from a 70mm throttle body on a stock k20a with bolt on's, also 90% of aftermarket TB's for K20 tend to stick, Skunk2 included.

^^^ the exact problem I'm having.

Back