EP3 Type R HELP

iby_2k9

Hi guys it's my first post on ek9.org, I joined along time ago. I really need some help guys. Firstly my names IBY, I own a Honda civic type r EP3 k20a2 (apologies if I know this is the ek9 forum) it has 62000 miles on the clock , completely standard. I always use the best stuff for it . Mobil1 engine oil etc it was serviced 1200 miles ago , now today I went on motorway and went over a 100mph and it makes a noise like train horn , it only happens when going over 100mph. never heard anything like it , need some help guys thanks.

I've never heard a issue like yours, the sound comes from the engine ?

What bolt ons do you have on your motor?

:nerv:

Sorry buddy I'm not mechanically minded , I've driven many cars but never heard anything like this , is there anything I can check to give the correct answer to your question ? When serviced I didn't change the spark plugs, the only thing I find weird is only after hitting the 100 mark the noise is loud. Thanks for your reply mate. Much appreciated

Ye It sounds like its from engine , had my brother sat with me he said it seems like it's coming from your side I said it seems like it's coming from yours, best way to describe it , it sounds like air trying to escape from a hole , when there's too much air pressure it makes a sort of seeping low pitch sound

Last edited:
Ye It sounds like its from engine , had my brother sat with me he said it seems like it's coming from your side I said it seems like it's coming from yours, best way to describe it , it sounds like air trying to escape from a hole , when there's too much air pressure it makes a sort of seeping low pitch sound

Do you have a aftermarket intake installed?

Because of the air sound you should check the PCV Valve.

attachment.php

My recommendation is to take your car to a mechanic you trust just in case.

Attachments

• $K%20Catch%20Can.jpg
    $K%20Catch%20Can.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 3,899
No I've got the standard air box on it , il check that first thing in the morning , some one did mention it could be the windscreen gasket , it's so difficult to find out what it can be because it only happens around 100mph mark and over , if it is the PCV valve is it a matter of replacing it? Thanks buddy.

No I've got the standard air box on it , il check that first thing in the morning , some one did mention it could be the windscreen gasket , it's so difficult to find out what it can be because it only happens around 100mph mark and over , if it is the PCV valve is it a matter of replacing it? Thanks buddy.

The PCV valve might have the tube lose :)

I really do hope it's something as small as that, and if your right mate I owe you somehow lol , is it something a mechanic will have to check or something I can check in my driveway? Will keep you updated , any chance it could be gearbox?

It's fitted with a naughty horn lol. Why are you going over 70 ;)

Checked the pcv valve it's all good , will test it again 2 day to see if noise has disappeared , plus it can't be gear box because when I was 100mph + I dipped that clutch and it was still there. On start up my alternator belt is slightly noisey could it be related to this how do I get rid of this noisey belt? Oh and BISCUIT track days private roads

Checked the pcv valve it's all good , will test it again 2 day to see if noise has disappeared , plus it can't be gear box because when I was 100mph + I dipped that clutch and it was still there. On start up my alternator belt is slightly noisey could it be related to this how do I get rid of this noisey belt? Oh and BISCUIT track days private roads

Could be, have your belts inspected :D

Ye it is a little squeaky on start up , is that known as having the tensioner done ?

Back