engine/ radiator question

zeff

hi guys..its been a while i have not posted here..hope everyone is fine..

recently i have purchased a honda vti sedan SOHC engine..

i have noticed that every morning when i do my routine morning check this what happens with my radiator when i open it.. its like it has a lot of pressure inside..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...262000&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

water spurts when i open the radiator(cold engine, morning check), then when i start my engine i notice the water inside will form like a frothy white bubbly thing like bubble suds in a beer..

a local mechanic told me that we should try to retourque my engine head, and putting a vial like "stop leak" and we would observe if the bubbles would stop after re tourque..

any suggestions guys?

thanks

Last edited:
how oil color looks ?
any water from the exhaust ?
retight the head it may help.
stop leak will cover the problem it will not solve it.
maybe it's headgasket or a crack in the head.

the oil color is o.k, normal color, i also removed the oil cap and checked underneath the cap to check the color for water mixture and it isa lso normal. i have a scuv muffler so its hard to tell if there is water in it.. thanks for the reply, and for the heads up about the stop leak, i will be retighting it this week end, hopefully it would help,

i will update asap..thanks again

by the way any idea how much would i would tight(torque) the head?

update..
head gasket has been torqued, and still there is pressure in my radiator like in the video..what can be done next guys?

also, does removing my thermostat contribute to this pressure? because recently i have removed my thermostat..

i would put an oem thermostat back in

how is the coolant fluid ?

do you need to add any ?
when engine is at operating temperature dose your coolant tank overflow ?

maybe it's the headgasket or a crack in the head.

Are you losing any coolant when driving? What's your coolant temp like? Also, why did you remove the thermostat???

update..
head gasket has been torqued, and still there is pressure in my radiator like in the video..what can be done next guys?

also, does removing my thermostat contribute to this pressure? because recently i have removed my thermostat..

AH! so, need to ask, why did you remove the old t-stat? was it over-heating and caused you to remove it over replacing it?

i have removed it because my temp gauge rises faster than the ordinary, but it stays on the normal range or normal operating temp and stays there, its been 2 weeks since i have removed it and everything is running o.k..except for the pressure on the radiator cap when i open it in the morning after a drive the previous night..

thanks guys..point taken i will replace my thermostat..

Back