Have some questions...: Swapping b18b in for d16y7 with an automatic transmissi

jakeinator21

Swapping a b18b from a 99 integra into a 97 civic dx with d16y7. I had been looking at threads for the same swap and like an idiot didn't realize it would make a big difference that I have an automatic trans instead of a manual, which is every thread I can find for this swap. The auto swap is a bit more involved and I've run into a couple of issues.

1 - T Bracket: The usual t bracket for this swap is from the 99-00 civic si, but those never had an automatic trans so I can't get that bracket for my car? (If that is incorrect info please correct me.) I had read somewhere that the t bracket for a 97-01 crv would fit. Can anyone confirm this?

2 - TCU wiring: If I already have the wiring harness and ecu for the integra engine, is running wires for the tcu still as complicated as it would be if I had to run individual wires myself? Or can I cut and splice the existing d16y7 wiring harness with the connectors from the b18b wiring harness? Would it be easier/better to just replace the entire harness?

Other than that everything else in the swap so far has gone as planned.

Back