High idle problem ?

jamie-gings

having an idle issue on my eg coupe
its a b16a2 engine and its idling at 2k rpm

it doesnt fluctuate or hunt up and down the revs it just stays constant at 2k.

when i first start the car itl idle about 1.1k but will creep up to 2k after a while, itl drop to 1k every time i drive and clutch in.

i tried adjusting the screw on the throttle body but that didnt do anything.
what would be the main issues or what should i do to try sort it ??

First things first, make sure you have no vacuum leaks! After that check if throttle body is sticking and then try cleaning out your IACV. 8 times out of 10 a problem like this is a vacuum leak

could be a number of things:

Idle air control valve (IACV)
Throttle position sensor (TPS)
Leak from a gasket
Leak from pipework
ECU

There is loads of guides on google for cleaning IACV, testing and setting up TPS to right voltages and using carb cleaner around pipes and gaskets to detect increase in revs (means there is a hole and its getting in)

Unfortunately, if you google it, you will see HUNDREDS of these topics and they are not all the same.....its a case of testing each one until its fixed.

More info on car, engine, mods might help but i doubt it. Just a case of problem solving it :nice:

thanks lads gona go over everything tomorow:nice:

one thing i noticed , but not sure if it would have any effect on, is that the pcv valve and related pipes are all missing?? the hole on the intake mani is blocked up with a rubber gromet but there is air coming out from the top of the breather box ?

Back