Cylinder Head I.D.

forestfighter

ZR-TEC RALLY TEAM
Hi guys,

I’m currently in the process of buying a B16B EK9 cylinder head complete for my project. Now the seller will have to post this item to me, I cannot view before purchasing. Are there any distinctive cast marks/serial numbers on an EK9 head to separate it from just say a B16A1 head? The head will probably have no rocker cover fitted, so that may make things easier? I doubt I can get him to strip it any further (and would prefer it to come complete).

What I’m getting at is I want to confirm what I’m buying is the real deal before spending a lot of money. I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about people selling generic B16 items and passing them off as something special.

Any advice would be great, guys. :thanks:

Thanks,

Jonno

From memory the B16B head has "PR3" stamped on the front.

Apparently there's also a green mark on it also:
Right by the distributor. It's a green line on the backside of the block (not the intake side but the actual back of the block where the distributor mounts).

Hopefully someone can confirm as i'm not 100%

Last edited:
afaik all b series heads have pr3 stamped on them, i think its only the green paint way of telling what it is

my sir engine has pr3-2 on from but a 9/4 in a circle which i presume is for the year 1994. my sir engine fitted with a ctr head has pr3-2 stamped but has 9/8 on it

look for dual valvesprings.

Guys. This head is a PR3-3 head stamp. Now i have kind of distinguished that PR3-2 is ITR, can anyone confirm that B16B is definitely PR3-3?

See pic below to see where it's stamped.

Thanks,

bseries.yearofhead_1.jpg

I've seen B16b heads that are pr3-2, pr3-3 and pr3-4.

Get some pics of the inlet ports and check for double valve springs on both sides.

EK9 and DC2 are exact the same part number.

Do u not u just need to check for the yellow mark on the drivers sode of the head? only b18c and 16b have it.

Back