Jun Auto camshaft stage 2

Joshm88

Joshm88
Donator
Hi guys,

In the process of dropping in a B16A2 with new transmission and optional jdm LSD, into my EK4. I've bought a Jun Auto stage 2 camshaft kit with cams, springs, valves and retainers. Also purchased Jun Auto Intake and Exhaust cam gears, was going to replace the pistons and rods but don't have the cash at the minute.

In addition to this I've got Jenvey Tb's ready to be fitted and a new ECU from Omex.

The car already has a custom 4-2-1 exahust manifold and custom de-cat system, and Tein street damper suspension.

Just wondering, any ideas what it will rev to safely with the new cams? And what kind of power it will be pushing, I'm waiting for it all to be finished before I get it dyno tested.

Cheers,

Josh

lol, well i cant guess how much power it will make as no two engines are the same and with the Jenvey's it really depends on the tuner, you would certainly gain from raising the compression with those cams and the ITB's. I have never heard of the Omex can you please give me some info on that?

anywho i would guess 9000rpm should be plenty safe but the dyno will tell you where you make your power and i would just shift there as long as it does not exceed 9200rpm. You are having this all dyno tuned correct? I hope you don't run out of fuel on the stock injectors and fuel pump...

also this would be a good time to change fuel filter and spark plugs as tuning usually kills spark plugs so take a few sets with you...

You will need bigger injectors i would say 310cc will be fine. Try kingsmotorsports.com and look for rc's injectors you will need injector clips as well.

Don't forget a stronger timing belt. I my case I bought a TODA one.

Ive got a toda belt as well there really good. Do you know how long they last?

Hi guys, cheers for the advice. Forgot to mention the belt, also got a Toda one on the way!

As for Omex, to be honest I had never heard of them before either, I was referred to them by Jenvey, who said that they are the ECU's that they found to work best with the ITB's.

OMEX Performance Electronics

And yes you would be correct, I'm having it tuned at Dyno Demon:

Dyno Demon : Subaru Tuning specilaists, 4WD rolling road, ECU remapping, Turbo and performance upgrades. Located in Neston, Wirral, Liverpool

I have used them before and my friend who has an Impreza STI spec C and a R34 GTR swears by them. I'll look into new injectors and a new fuel pump!

Are you all EK9 owners then?

Omex are good, mostly all the guys who ran Jenvey TB's on their clio 172/182's used this management.

Back