Oil advice and recommendations here!

oilman

Hi guys,

We've been invited by EK9.org Forum to start an recommendations thread. So as the title says, put your oil questions here and we'll be happy to help.

The Year, model, engine and style of driving (road/track) is important so give as much information as possible so that we can give you an accurate answer.

If your vehicle is standard then you will find some guidance and service packs on our website.

Looking forward to being of assistance

Regards

Guy.

Is there a difference between motul 5/40 and silkolene 5/40?

and how about gearbox oil, can you recommend one or is Honda MTF the only one to use.

What oil do you recommend for a 99 ek9, with 60,000 that is only used at the track?

someone told me if oil smells sweet that is good as it means there is a low amount of sulfur in the oil, is this true? and if it is true why would i want less sulfur in my oil?

someone told me if oil smells sweet that is good as it means there is a low amount of sulfur in the oil, is this true? and if it is true why would i want less sulfur in my oil?

I also heard the same thing, the motul 300v competition smells like candy! :p

Why do you prefer the silkolene oil over the motul?

only on the basis the oil temp seems alot more stable at idle when youve been in rush-hour traffic for an hour and that it feels like it spools alot faster with this oil in.

Is there anywhere I can buy wackos oil 5w 40 as thats what my EK9 has always been serviced with in Japan

Hi guys,
If your vehicle is standard then you will find some guidance and service packs on our website.
Guy.

It doesn't have an EK9 in the list of cars when you shop by product :)

Not that I could see anyway

Abit of help needed from you guys what shoud I go for, silkolene or motul 5w-40? I cant make up my mind:confused:

Abit of help needed from you guys what shoud I go for, silkolene or motul 5w-40? I cant make up my mind:confused:

You would be better off with a 10w-30 for the summer, if your motor's in good condition. You could try both brands and figure which one you like better. I recommend Amsoil myself.

man, its not really much difference. Your engine doesnt eat chocolate and can tell the difference anyway.

If you want what is best for your engine, its not the oil, its how often you change the oil. Even a medium product with regular change is better and cheaper.

got some mobil 1 0-40w for an amazing price, thats what my cars running on at the mo but will prob change to motul or silkolene next time

the new NISSAN GTR runs mobil 1 0W-40 from factory and is the only oil your supposed to use on that car... lol

Our cars are old, so any 100% synthetic oil is good, you should focusing on the thickness grade etc. If your unsure just use OEM oil. I still think its no big deal. Just the thickness matters more.

the new NISSAN GTR runs mobil 1 0W-40 from factory and is the only oil your supposed to use on that car... lol

Our cars are old, so any 100% synthetic oil is good, you should focusing on the thickness grade etc. If your unsure just use OEM oil. I still think its no big deal. Just the thickness matters more.

Is it the second set of numbers that refer to the thickness i.e 40

yep, 2nd number is the thickness / viscocity, first has something to do with how it behaves when cold,

Back