just installed! B&R Fittings fuel line and skunk2 composite fuel rail!! PICS INSIDE.

blinx9900

Super Moderator
Here is my little review, sorry for the crappy pics, high resolution coming soon:

First i would like to thank ek9.org member B&R Fittings for getting me my fuel hose shipped fast and getting me the proper fittings needed to use it on the skunk2 composite fuel rail :nice:

the kit looks like this:
BRfuelline008RE-1.jpg

I wont lie, i bought the B&R fuel hose just for looks and i think its dead sexy! The fuel rail i got for free out of a deal so i figured I'd put that on too.

The fuel line went on easy as removing the stock fuel hose, screwing 1 fitting into the top of the fuel filter and then installing the fuel hose with the provided fittings. It can be used with both stock and after market rails.

The skunk2 composite fuel rail on the other hand was complete BULLSHIT! I highly advise against this if you plan on installing it yourself as it is a major pain in the ass. First you have to remove the studs on the intake manifold and replace them with bolts and spacers, 2nd the spacers are not big enough so you have to use extra washers, 3rd the damn holes for the fuel injectors are too small so you will rip about 10 O-rings just trying to install the damn injectors, once thats all done your going to have some more fun getting rid of all the fuel leaks by playing with a combination of crush washers and O-rings of which you will have to supply yourself. My advice to anybody is this: just buy the normal billet aluminum fuel rails like AEM etc... the skunk2 unit also bends if not installed properly which really had me nervous, however if you already have this peace of crap fuel rail like me i HIGHLY advise you to purchase the B&R Fittings fuel hose as they look AMAZING together!!

INSTALLED PICS BELOW:

DSC00036.jpg

DSC00038.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

thats not good i thought this was a top bit of kit. thanks for sharing blinx

Blinx would the red and silver not have looked better?

Blinx would the red and silver not have looked better?

red and silver what? if your referring to the fuel hose i got it in black becuause its a different material and wont scratch up my charge pipe or anything else it comes in contact with...

BLINX9000.. can u answer ths 4 me? do i really need to install an oil-catch tank?.i see you have one hooked up and ive nvr seen one b4..whats its purpose?.im tryin to build my ej6 up..so far for the engine i have d16y8 block/pm9 1.5litre head/pba ecu(non-vtec acura el) and a 92-95 civic si 5spd trans(stock) added on is a jdm cold air intake with k&n filter/jdm 4-2-1 headers/10mm opton racing wires and ngk iridium plugs.so far so good..

Thanks for the write up dude! I was actually on my way to purchase that fuel rail lol

BLINX9000.. can u answer ths 4 me? do i really need to install an oil-catch tank?.i see you have one hooked up and ive nvr seen one b4..whats its purpose?.im tryin to build my ej6 up..so far for the engine i have d16y8 block/pm9 1.5litre head/pba ecu(non-vtec acura el) and a 92-95 civic si 5spd trans(stock) added on is a jdm cold air intake with k&n filter/jdm 4-2-1 headers/10mm opton racing wires and ngk iridium plugs.so far so good..

No you don't need one.

Thanks for the write up dude! I was actually on my way to purchase that fuel rail lol
good luck with install its a pita!

Nice 1 blinx looks a nice peice of kit to me :nice:.

thanks!

i can second blinx on this . the worst fuel rail i have ever come across . spent about 2 hours tryin to get the injectors to fit . not good and dont reccomend anyone to buy it .

the hose on the other hand looks awesome . :p

Back