no spark b18

vti2010

Honda slut....
Donator
VIP Member
hi every onei got a problem my b18 has lost the spark. replaced dizzy and rotor arm still nothin. theres spark from the coil leads look good. help me please:bow:

You have no spark from spark plugs? Checked engine earths?

yeah checked the one from rocker to chassis. checked the plugs and thes no spark what so ver. its getting frustrating now lol

Have you a immobilizer/alarm fitted which could be cutting the spark?

yeah i do m8 but done a test and theres spark from the coil but nothin from dizzy to leads surly if that was the case there be no spark even from the coil

Did you get a new dizzy cap too? Sounds like the problem is something to do with the rotar or cap.

ive just replaced the rota arm and cap

There's little chance that all leads went at once. Only other thing I can think of is just make sure that you put the dizzy back together properly. I know there's one or two springs in there. Its something simple. It's nothing major. It's just trying to find the missing link. Have you tried taking it back apart and putting it back together again? Have you got a multimeter?

on saying that when i took the dizzy cap of there was a spring on the end of the coil is there suppose to be somink on the top to generate current from coil to cap or is it suppose to be just a spring to make contact

If I remember correctly there's a small thing that fits into one of the springs. It gets the volts to go from one to the other. There's actually only a small amount of current, it's all voltage really. Off topic but if there was current going through it and you touched the leads it'd more than likely kill you so it has a high resistance to lower the currant right down.

If you have a multimeter, try turn the car over (get the dizzy turning) and test each part to see where there's no voltage. It could be that little part that goes in the spring that you were talking about

im goin to go have a look down the scrappy to see if i can find one ill let ya know the updates

on saying that when i took the dizzy cap of there was a spring on the end of the coil is there suppose to be somink on the top to generate current from coil to cap or is it suppose to be just a spring to make contact

It's just a spring mate, shouldn't be anything else there. IIRC it's just a contact as you say.

this is getting really confusing now given the aa a call out there be here in the hour lets see what else they say this is starting to be rather expensive lol

well after the aa being called out for the second time its the coil thats at fault or somethink in the unit does any 1 now if the internals are replaceable if so were to buy as honda want 500 for a new one

I taught you had bought a brand new dizzy from honda? the coil couldn't be gone if it was a new dizzy.

I taught you had bought a brand new dizzy from honda? the coil couldn't be gone if it was a new dizzy.

X2

I've a spare coil there but can't guarantee it works if you needed it?

i got the dizzie cap from honda i thought the dizzy was called the coil. sorry for the confusion.

Back