What is really wrong with the A'PEXi AFC NEO?

Tmus

so I don't really understand why it is so rubbish?

from my understanding you can control VTEC point and Fuel ratio?

and why would it do damage to the engine?

if one just want to have a lower VTEC point, say 5800k rpm, would this be such a bad option? since you can correct the fueling?

would you not still gain by being able to dyno map it with the fueling?

Please expand guys, and anyone who is using it? whats the view?

so I don't really understand why it is so rubbish?

from my understanding you can control VTEC point and Fuel ratio?

and why would it do damage to the engine?

if one just want to have a lower VTEC point, say 5800k rpm, would this be such a bad option? since you can correct the fueling?

would you not still gain by being able to dyno map it with the fueling?

Please expand guys, and anyone who is using it? whats the view?

Vtec and fuel ratio are only some parameters......and by re-adjusting only those parameters you mess up the whole engine operation. That's why piggyback controllers like that are -in one word- crap.

Why not to keep your money and save a bit more, and get a decent aftermarket ECU for perfect and beneficial tuning?

I used to have V-afc before Power FC and the side-effects were much more than the benefits when using it. For example, ok, it might give an extra push at high rpm because of the extra fuel it can feed the engine, but in low revs it really sucked, the engine struggled not to stall at idle, it cannot adjust ignition timing, you may smell unurned fuel as well. Annoying vibrations when vtec kicked in and no smooth acceleration. This car does not deserve a piggyback system IMO.

When I got the Power FC, the engine felt much much smoother, vibrations became minimal and the engine even though it went above 200 bhp it runs as smooth as standard

First off, piggyback air/fuel controllers do work, but they are not the best option.
With an AFC, it changes the signal coming from the Map sensor to the ECU, making it less for less fuel and stronger signal for more fuel. However, the Map sensor determines your ignition timing too, so when the AFC changes the Map sensor signal it changes fuel delivered and the ignition timing. Unlike a standalone system or chipped and tuned ECU, the AFC is disadvantaged because it can't control fuel and ignition independently.

Back