Valve clearances

Tim

2000 EK9 Type-Rx
Can anyone confirm the settings are the same as the UK Integra R? Which are:

Inlet - 0.17-0.19mm
Exhaust - 0.19-0.21mm

I also heard you can gain a few bhp by setting them both to 0.20mm. Any truth in this?

Thanks

Thanks but could you be more specific? That's just a page of random numbers to me mate, means nothing to me:p

The numbers in the link are design specifications and comparisons between different engines.
You can find the valve lift distances, cam lobe timings, and lots of other things.

However, you are looking for the valve clearance (= measured between the cam lobe and the rocker arm) and those values are not in that link.

Maybe someone on this forum knows the correct values for the B16B engine ?
(cause I'd like to know them too:D)

I'm pretty sure they're the ones I've stated in my original post, but confirmation would be great.

In fact, isn't it the same for all DOHC B series engines?

im sure i have also heard the 0.20 mm quoted as the optimum to?!? think damien mentioned it to me...

My friend knows a honda mechanic i'll get him to get the corret clearances from honda and confirm them ,i'll post them up soon

when i did mine i looked in the Honda guide book thingy.

for the B16A and B18C, to check what it was.

think they were the same, so i set them according to them.

Will look on monday, if no one else replied.

blinx9900 where are you :p

its 0.006"-0.007" intake and 0.007"-0.008" exhaust. Which is 0.15-0.19mm intake and 0.17-0.21mm exhaust. B16, B18 and H series are all the same clearences. Its best to do them to the tighter clearence, then try fit the larger feeler in, you SHOULDNT be able to fit the larger one in but the smaller one SHOULD fit in still after youve adjusted the Jam-nut. Just always re-check once youve tightened the jam-nut, as it somtimes moves slightly tighter even when your gripping the screwdriver part of the tool really-firmly, it takes some playing with to get perfect valve lash clearence but its worth it for getting the equal compression. unequal clearences means certain cylinders will run rich and others will run lean! equal clearence = equal compression = longevity.

deffo worth doing done it to mine engine is alot quieter so off mine where way out off spec

as said before check and recheck the clearance once you tighten the jam-nuts.

its very easily done:)

did mine the other day set intake at .006" and exhaust at .008"

Back