sticking throttle body/ throttle cable

aRc

Former EK9 owner!
hey guys,

i recently had a second-hand Skunk 2 inlet manifold and Spoon venturi throttle body installed onto my ek9 in place of the oem items:

IMG_0439.jpg

after it was installed the car wasn't running correctly, it wouldn't idle at all, but it turned out the throttle body had been siliconed up in the past and some had run down into the throttle body itself! anyway, this has now been removed and the car runs fine but each morning i find the accelerator pedal is jammed so i have to force it down to use the car! the car then runs perfect. this morning i thought i'd see how easy the moving lever on the throttle body manoeuvred and it was rock solid until forced so i think it is this that's getting stuck! i have highlighted the part on the below photograph as i don't know it's correct name:

IMG_0001a.jpg

i was wondering if there was a way to ease this or should i try a little wd40 on it? i just wanted people opinions before i try something that i later regret! i'm just a little worried of putting so much strain on my throttle cable each morning!

thanks in advance :)

check that spring thats in that picture see if it might be sticking .. also .. on that little thing that spins .. (the main piece) there is a little arm that stops it from spinning all the way over check if there is anything that i can be sticking to in that area ..but im deff thinking you issue is gunna be fro the spring to the bolt

have you checked the valve/flap inside the throttle for any obstruction?

my tb was also sticking
i adjusted the yellow nut by loosening it

Back