im helpin my lil bro do a swap

bcbtony

hey i need some help my lil bro car is an eg6 his car an auto but he want to get a b16a and he want to swap it to manual what do i have to do or buy?

go to manual is da best to feel vtec kicking...da 1st thing is get da manual GBox from 16A/16B or da best is 18CR 98 FD 4.7...and all manual tranny like gear liver/pedal set/Gbox mounting+bracket n manual ECU...

you will need a complete b16a engine including ecu, also a no auto transmission gauge cluster, hehe it will be annoying to see the D N 1 :lol:

Why don't you buy a B18C1 (Integra GSR Engine) ? it will be faster, and the price will not change that much :nice:

auto to manual is a pain. you will need a manual cluster, engine harness, change harness, ecu, get eg6 shiftbox and center cosole, your better off get a rolling chasis and put the motor in it and swap parts to the new car.

I'm doin the exact same thing to my Eg6 also but droppin in a B16b. Have the pedals. shift linkage, clutch hydraulics, gearbox. Still need a cluster, plus have to cut away the auto shift cable tunnel under the car, get the SI cat, which means shortening the "B" pipe and welding on a flange, running the rear O2 wiring back there, and altering the shifter wiring. Oh yeah, and finding the time to do it.??? I did manage to scrounge up 3 old civic harnesses and make one complete engine harness out of them though....too much fun!!:angry2:

Back