can greddy emanage ultimate ecu be used to to tune map ek9?

davidglanza

davidglanza
can greddy emanage ultimate ecu be used on ek9 with the universal/main harness?

bought this for my glanza but getting close to getting an ek9 hopefully:win:
so was wondering if this could be used on ek9?
and what power gains would be had to map it for an ek9 with header decat exhaust system and aem v2?

im guessin 190-195bhp at the fly as vtackys seem to lose alot of ponies over the years:((

yes it is possible, find a tuner in your area that can tune that EMS and you should be good to go!

Sure it can tune - OPEN LOOP only though :)
Don't expect it to tune closed loop, been there done that bought the badge too...finally went power-fc.
________
PRILOSEC LAWSUIT

Last edited:
Sure it can tune - OPEN LOOP only though :)
Don't expect it to tune closed loop, been there done that bought the badge too...finally went power-fc.

You referring to the blue one or the ultimate? It was my understanding that the ultimate was nearly a piggyback with near full ems options for ign and fuel.

You referring to the blue one or the ultimate? It was my understanding that the ultimate was nearly a piggyback with near full ems options for ign and fuel.

Both versions are theoretically unable to operate at closed loop, the ECU will compensate for any changes from 0 to 80% loading (throttle position). You are also unable to read the OEM ECU actual figures so you are basically adding or subtracting fuel from the full throttle readings. Same with the ignition timing - do you add or subtract and by how much is any ones guess. The ultimate version is able to add or subtract fueling by splicing the wires coming out and also to the the engine, basically over 30 splice and taps which makes a mess of the OEM harness, I hated it.

Good things about it, well it comes with it's own software,you can datalog, attach a wideband and target tune the open loop area (i think it works but it's not reliable as I heard), you read various sensors.

What you lose out on is the responsiveness and stability, sure it works full throttle.

If you want to attach a wideband to tune open loop then you may need to remove the O2 sensor or weld a bung, I would NEVER tune from the tail pipe because at below 4000 rpm the readings are inconsistent and delayed by around 500 rpm i.e. @ 4000 rpm the instantaneous reading is probably what is was reading at 3500rpm. If you remove the O2 then it throws a code...

The blue version - well I would basically chuck it because you can;t even add or subtract fuel you just play with the airflow readings and that screws up your ignition timings..
________
Live *** webshows

Last edited:
The blue version - well I would basically chuck it because you can;t even add or subtract fuel you just play with the airflow readings and that screws up your ignition timings..

3007872084_09d386bddc_o.jpg

Sorry...I had to... :D

I too, also really hate this thing...

Well it has it's purpose, it looks nice and can do "some" tweaks.
Oh Greddy support for this unit is zero. If you get the blue version then you need to find a supplier who has the software and CD otherwise you are screwed, Ultimate comes with the USB cable and CD so thats good. It also has a shallow learning curve.

Oh, it can adjust acceleration tip in and also increase rev limiter by continuing to send an injector signal "x rpm" just before the OEM unit cuts fuel by entering........a time for it to hold the signal..
________
Wiki vaporizer

Last edited:
Back