Aluminum radiator review

DedeSIR

Quick review :

- Ebay radiator 100$ shipped =
dsc00840b.jpg

Overheat on the track and deformation :wow:

- Now running a Mishimoto almost 300$ shipped
= No overheat and still in perfect shape after lots of track time.

You get what you pay for...

I usually never go for cheap parts, but I was really curious to see
how it would perform.

It would probably hold OK on the street...

Mishimoto are still almost half price compared to some other
overpriced brand.

Attachments

• $dsc00840b.jpg
    $dsc00840b.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 767
Last edited by a moderator:
thought you took the pic with a wide angle lense lol . as you said you get what u pay for . thats why many ebay parts are shity

I have a $100 ebay radiator :nerv: I'll make sure to change it before i track my car if i ever do!

theres a chance it could be a good radiator. the curvature will help if anything but depends on the quality of material

well curvature will increase surface area and the more surface area u have the more the radiator can dissipate heat. but as i said it depends on the material

theres a chance it could be a good radiator. the curvature will help if anything but depends on the quality of material

Not trying to be a T**T with you but you have just stated the prob there urself!:secret:

well curvature will increase surface area and the more surface area u have the more the radiator can dissipate heat. but as i said it depends on the material

That LITTLE extra surface area will make VERY little diffrance if not nothing at all TBH mate & the reson it has "swelled" like that is because of crap material used to make it!

kev i believe your failing to realize the rad was not designed to be curved but warped under the heat and pressure!!

sorry lads im not as well informed as ye. i didnt know rads wouldnt come with a curvature. thought there might be some companies that might try and squeeze evey bit out of a part. my dealing with engines is only within the last few months. whereas most of the people on here have years experience. lol my mistake. will hold my hands up

amazing...

Do you had any compression leak or something? :nerv:

sorry lads im not as well informed as ye. i didnt know rads wouldnt come with a curvature. thought there might be some companies that might try and squeeze evey bit out of a part. my dealing with engines is only within the last few months. whereas most of the people on here have years experience. lol my mistake. will hold my hands up

Dont worry about it mate! We are only informing you mate not slating you!:D

We all had to start somewere! :nice:

ah thats ok mate. at the end of the ead i have to learn from somewhere right..... lol if i ever go to buy a warped red i know its ****ed lol. have picked up a lot from here anyway at the moment.

AHAHAHAHAHA thought you were using a fisheye lense till i read it :lol:

Right about you get what you pay for though..... I've got a full width aluminium Koyo radiator sitting in my bedroom waiting to go on, quality of it is second to none. Helped my mate fit his Tewiga aluminium radiator, as good as i thought that was, you can really see why it's cheaper than the Koyo

What the.... I never thought that a radiator would loose shape like that...This is a first for me...at least i will know where not to get mine from...

The radiator did not leak at all, but it was scary to look at...

I heard that quality radiators goes into an oven to be
heat treated. I guess the ebay one skipped that step :angry:

I'm now really happy with my mishimoto.

Back