v-tech head on 1.4 block

Slamming_civic

is this possible?

havent seen it beofre although i have looked, i know this wouldnt be as good as a b16 or b18 but 'credit crunch' and all that :)

cheers guys

tom

vtec =
vtec%20engine.gif

vtech =
vtech-vt20-2431.jpg

http://www.ek9.org/forum/engine/11861-has-anyone-here-done-mini-me-build.html

should be possible.

Yes it can be done. Not worth it at all and you would have to get a custom ecu mapped for it. You can pick up 1.5/1.6 sohc vtec engine's for not much more than the price you will pay for a head alone and you can just use a P28 honda ecu to run it all.

yer that was my other option depending on funds..

i would need b16, trans, ecu, wire loom...

missing anything? does any one know a good place to source these parts other than ebay or scrapyard?

Thanks for advise to far

tom

I have a full conversion and B16B up for grabs in about a month or so.

PM me

My car is Ej9 D14Z2 with swapped head from D16Z6. As for the funds, spend about 600 euros for the full swap of the head with some crappy eBay headers and custom exhaust system. I can tell that my engine has more power than any stock D series engine. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

B16 it is then!

Mind persuaded :)

Cheers Guys, ill be keeping you informed as im sure ill have problems along the way

thanx

tom:nice:

Good choice. You will be alot happier with the B series engine.

well thats the plan, although is only a ek4 im really liking to looks at the minute, tbh i have spent to much money to go back now :) and i wouldnt want to... compared to mates cars (astra 1.8 sport, corsa, fiesta, golfs etc) its in a different class even with the engine in at the moment.

:)

B16 B16 B16!

Back