My Low mileage 1991 Honda CRX VT - Frost white

ross16i16

Donator
Donator
Taken me a good while to come to this decision but regrettably up for sale is my 1991 Honda CRX Vtec.

I have owned this car for around 1.5 years and to be honest I have had very little use due to starting a new job and struggling to really have the time to enjoy it. It mainly just sits in my garage doing nothing most of the time.
Last summer I carried out a fair amount of work which included –
• Replaced all of the bushes with energy polybushes.
• Replaced power steering rack with one from an SIR.
• Rebuilt one rear coilover with new damper.
• New outer track rod ends (both sides)
• Rebuilt driveshaft’s with new inner and outer CV boots (both sides)
• Replaced driveshaft gearbox seal (one side)
• Replaced drivers side front ARB drop link
• Replaced rear trailing arm bushes with blueprint OEM parts
• Installed new Skunk 2 front upper camber arms
• Installed new D2 rear upper camber arms
• New Bosh battery
• New OEM decals
• Full alignment (with print out sheet).

Prior to me buying this it had new arches welded in, as well as all other rust seen to. This was then given a full respray in OEM frost white.

It's currently sitting at 94k miles which is really low for a car of this age and it still drives faultlessly (starts first time no problem even when sitting for weeks at a time).
The underside of the car is really clean for its age as it's not seen a winter in the last 9 years (last two owners had it for a total of 7.5 years and kept it off the road in winter as well)

The car comes with a pile of modifications -
• D2 Racing coilovers
• Buddyclub P1 alloys which are mint and brand new Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres on them.
• Tanabe SMR cat back exhaust system with an SRS decat. Nice tone. Can be driven pretty quiet then gets really noisy when you put the foot down.
• OMP suede steering wheel with a D1 Spec snap off boss kit fitted onto a boss kit on the car.
• Red Recaro SPG seats (PLEASE NOTE THESE WILL NOT BE COMING WITH THE CAR!!!)
• Takata drivers harness (Genuine)
• TRS green passenger harness
• ITR Gearknob
• Induction kit
• Uprated HT leads
• Import SIR bumpers
• Js Racing Polyurethane front lip
• Uprated 282 Front brakes
• Skunk 2 front upper camber arms (bought brand new last summer and prop only done about 100 miles since)
• D2 rear upper camber arms (bought brand new last summer and prop only done about 100 miles since)
• Cusco front upper brace
• Private CRX number plate (which is worth some ££ on its own)
ABS has been removed by Gerry at Performancetek in Glasgow (receipts to prove) as it was faulty and it didn't work correctly with the brake upgrade.

The car is currently fully stripped at the rear but I do have the full rear interior sitting in my attic for it (although no front seats)

The previous owner replaced the boot seal with a genuine Honda one at the cost of £120 and also replaced the rear light seals as these are common places to leak on the CRX, just prior to me buying the car.

The sun roof has been replaced with a fibreglass bung and fully sealed in, along with the boot smoothed and the aerial and rear window washer jet holes smoothed when it was resprayed.

The interior roof lining had been retrimmed in black suede along with the a pillars and gear and handbrake gaiters (yellow stitched)

It has valid MOT until October and tax for another 5 months.

It does have the common slight leak from the cam end seal and vtec solenoid but I have a cam end seal cap sitting here and a solenoid seal is only £20 and both are simple to fit in an afternoon.

Even though it has the slight seepage leak the car doesn't burn or use any oil in the 4k between oil changes.

The car comes with a TOAD ai606 CAT 1 alarm installed which is fully working and has the certificates for insurance.

Along with that is a full ring binder folder full of previous Honda service history, parts receipts etc.

Another thing to note is that due to this being a UK spec it qualifies for classic car insurance which I have found to be a fair bit cheaper than any imports I have had (currently paying £210 a year through Adrian Flux with all mods declared).

Please note that the red Recaro SPG seats will not be included in the sale. The new owner will need to arrange to bring seats or I can find a cheap set from another Honda to allow the new owner to get home.

I have probably missed loads out on lots of information on the car but feel free to come and have a look as I’d say it's one of the best in the country and fairly priced considering all the work done in the last couple of years.
Overall the car has been an absolute pleasure to own but after owning Hondas for over +10years I now feel it’s time to move onto something else.
I work shifts and as such viewings will need to be arranged around this and I am located in Edinburgh around 15mins from the airport.

Price is £3500. Which I find is fair due to the fact the car has just been resprayed, is low mileage, all the modifications, as well as the private number plate.

Here is a link to my build thread but I have plenty of other pictures should you wish –

http://www.ek9.org/forum/members-rides/60116-ross16i16s-91-crx-vt-rebuild-lots-pics.html

Thanks man :nice:

Yeah I know, taken a good while of thinking to come to this but think it's time for a change.

Aw damn, you have no idea how much I miss this car like

Ha nae cash sadly mate. Got a mate interested tho. Passed your number onto him :)

I would love this! Just too attached to my Jordan!

Best CRX I have seen. Someone's getting a minted car :nice:

Ok so here are some new pics taken today as per some requests (thought I would upload them here than email everyone seperate)

Next is a pic of the bay (needs a lean I know and rocker refub). Shows the new radiator I just put in, couldn't get a vt one but 16v fits fine with a bit of work

Now for some pics underneath, please note as it's pretty low they are the best I could get. Also, as with any car older than a couple of years the lca's, arb's ect have rust. Want to be honest with people and don't want someone traveling long distances expecting a brand new car. As a comparison my A3 is less than half the age and has rust on all the arms too.

Now a couple of arch pics, the first shows are area that I believe to be where the paint has been touched up and does not appear to be rust. I'm sure one if the scottish guys on here that have seen the car can back me up.

This is the other side with a scrape on the bumper where I caught the garage door as it's a tight fit.

Below is a pic of the fitment of one side of the bumper. Really needs a new bumper clip but just not go round to finding and fitting one.

Now onto service history pics. Has full service history upto 50k with honda and mots back to 1999 to verify mileage. Clutch was done at around 75k and timing belt & water pump at 70k (cross ref mots with dates of receipts).

I have also purchased some replacement seats as this was a sticking point for folk interested. Here is a pic. I have not fitted them yet as I want to keep my spg's in until the car is sold.

The only other thing to mention that I forgot to get pics of is that there is slight cracking around where the sunroof bung was fitted. This now has some slight oxidisation. If I'm honest I was always planning to get the roof wrapped to stop it getting any worse.

I have been as honest as possible here as I don't want people to start booking flights without getting some pics of the bad parts. I'm sure all can understand its a 23yo car after all and all cars have there bad points.

Back