1996 DAP EK4 - B16B + quaife/spoons etc etc

Kozy

Bench Racer
Vendor
Decided it's a good time to move on from the Honda. I can keep pouring time and money into this but I think it's time I got something a bit more focussed.

1996 UK VTi.
Dark Amethyst Pearl
SiR interior, black/dark purple with red dials and centre armrest.
Chassis has done 130k miles
Engine
B16B engine has done around 90k.
EK9 manifold, cat and catback system
EK9 airbox
OBD2a EK9 ECU
Energy suspension poly engine mount inserts
APEXi VAFC
AC removed

Suspension
Spoon springs and dampers
ASR 24mm rear ARB kit w/brace and EK9 drop links
Energy Suspension polybushed trailing arms
Recently had refurbed rear calipers (new carriers provided)
SPC front camber/castor arms.

Transmission
S4C gearbox with Quaife differential
Clutchmasters pressure plate with OEM EK9 friction plate replaced at time of engine conversion

Exterior
Buddyclub P1 SF alloys 15x6.5 4x100 with 2x Yoko AD08 and 2x Goodyear Eagle F1.
Replica colour coded EK9 lips on original VTi bumpers front and rear with colour coded sideskirts.
SiR front grille

OEM parts replaced in the 2.5 years I have owned it.
Both rear calipers
Both front wheel bearings
Both RTA bushes

Bad bits:

The exterior is not in perfect condition. Front bumper is a bit scuffed, front lip is cracked and bolted in one corner. Rear lip is also cracked and zip tied in one corner. Obviously, given the exterior condition I'm not much of a polisher/poser, this thing was built to be driven fast and has been used as such. I can provide pictures of all the bad areas if you want, but anyone coming to nit pick about 'mintness' should probably look elsewhere! :D

Gearbox has a small oil leak.
Radiator has a small leak.
CEL is on, showing codes for IAT sensor and ELD sensor. The latter is I believe a compatability issue between the JDM ECU and UKDM alternator.

Pictures:
98c5058e.jpg

f4820fdf.jpg

34b69fd2.jpg

c461f97a.jpg

lppd2.jpg

IMG_1456.jpg

IMG_1454.jpg

LPPd.jpg

I have no idea what it is worth really so make me an offer. Definately worth more in parts (aftermarket bits worth around £2.5k) but having broken a car years ago I swore never to do it again so would really rather see this go whole, however I will break it if there is enough interest.

Last edited:
end of an era mate :(

someones gettin a cracker here, glws :nice:

I'm regretting putting it up for sale already! :(

Don't know really, new house has a garage and is walking distance to work, so things like practicality, fuel consumption or a roof are no longer a concern. ;)

Been eyeing up a few supercharged MX5s, maybe if I save up for a while something a bit more expensive like an Elise or a kitcar. Really do fancy an RX7 too, but while fuel consumption doesn't rank high on the agenda, 7mpg would make trackdays horrendously expensive!

Either way, it's 99% certain to be RWD.

Im really surprised you are selling this Kozy. If ever I have seen an ek4 built for fast road/track use it is this one. You must have spent a fair few pennys on it in the last couple of years. I can understand why you value it at 2.5k, well worth it in my opinion.

I know Zammo might be looking for another Honda soon (he's missing vtec too much) I'll have a word with him.

Have you thought about keeping it and putting in a B18? I've always thought it was crying out for one.

Really sorry you are having to sell up mate! Looks extremely clean and an ace parts list to go with it! GLWS!! :)

RX7 all the way!! :)

Every day I have logged on and seen no interest in this car it has made me feel relieved and happy. I'm taking that as a surefire sign that I do not really want to sell it... :clap:

Having looked at what I can realistically afford to replace it with, nothing else will really stack up from a competition POV. I'd sorely love an RX7, but I cannot stretch to a good one so it's going to have to stay a pipe dream for now.

Have you thought about keeping it and putting in a B18? I've always thought it was crying out for one.

Thought about it a lot. If I am going to keep it (which I looks like I will be) then the engine rebuild will see some capacity added. It needs 1800cc at least, preferrably 2000cc. :nice:

Zammo can keep his dirty mitts off it. He thinks it is overpriced anyway... :p

Sad to see you selling up Kosy , hope your not leave us though ?

GLWS , cracking little car ;)

Sad to see you selling up Kosy , hope your not leave us though ?

GLWS , cracking little car ;)

No no, I appear to be changing my mind, I do this alot. :angry2:

One day I will get rid of this car, but not now.

Good offer, if you had got in a few weeks ago you would have had it!

Right chaps this is back up for sale. I'm having a reality check and there is just no point keeping this as I can't afford a plaything any more.

I'm not expecting anyone to buy it whole but will offer it as is for two weeks before I strip the engine, suspension and wheels and sell the rest as a rolling shell.

For it to pass an MOT it needs:
2 x front tyres
2 x track rods (Purchased and included in sale)
2 x tie rods (Purchased and included in sale)
2 x steering rack gaiters (Purchased and included in sale)
1 x CV boot (Purchased and included in sale)
1 x front lower balljoint (Purchased and included in sale)
2 x front calipers (current ones will work but could do with refurb units)
Front brake pads.

£1750 takes it away whole, else it will be as is minus engine/gearbox/ECU, rolling on VTi fanblades with EK3 suspension.

I am willing to negotiate on putting it in for the work and MOT but would need a deposit beforehand to secure the deal.

Someone please come and take this away and put it back to use, it's nigh on EK9 performance for peanuts! :nice:

Shame to see you selling it again mate.
Someone will get a great, well setup car. Gutted i didnt see this or Topher's before i brought my project :angry2:

GLWS hopefully you wont leave use. :D

Cowes, about five minutes from the Southampton ferry.

Back