Civic EK Race Car

Kris!

For sale is my Class Winning B18 Honda Civic. It has run two years in the Federal Tyres Nippon Challenge GT 250 championship – runner up in 2008 and outright class winner in 2009. The car is in very good condition for a race car and has attended many shows. Any bumps or dings that it has had this season have been repaired to a high standard. I am selling as we are running a new K20 powered civic for the 2010 season so this sadly has to go as I cant afford to do both :(

The Civic wil be available from February 1st as there are a few small jobs I would like to do before it goes and I dont want to be rushed.

Here are a few random pics from the past 2 years accompanied by a spec list, and the only thing to note is the EK9 rear spoiler has been replaced by the stock EK item and the graphics will be removed before it sells.

Currently running 250bhp+ and 162ft/lb - 910kgs dry weight.

Specification

Body/Chassis

96' Civic EK in Performance Autoworks Orange
Full multipoint weld-in cage
Part Seem welded
5 Piece polycarb window kit (Bronze tint)
Carbon Fibre bonnet
DTM style lightweight mirrors
PAW Custom carbon front splitter
PAW Custom rear diffuser
Removed - Sunroof, ABS, Power steering, Inner door internals and crash bars, heaters, Complete Boot internals, crash cans, arch liners, 60% of wiring loom etc
EK9 Style fromt and rear lights
MSA 60mm front and rear tow eyes
Rear rain light

Suspension and Brakes

Tein type-RE super racing coilovers
Whiteline ARB's (27mm front, 22mm rear with Heavy duty mounting kit and spherical droplinks)
Skunk 2 front camber arms
Omni power rear camber arms
Megan rear LCA's
DC sports front and rear heavy duty strut braces
ITR 1" Master Cylinder
Wilwood dynalite 298mm 4 pot brakes with Performance Friction pads on front (Wilwoods were refurbed with new pistons and seals only last month)
Stock rear brakes
Goodridge Braided brake lines and in-car bias adjuster (all copper lines run through car including braided fuel lines)

Engine/Gearbox
Stroked B16b 1800cc (81.5mm)
Fully lightened, balanced and polished bottom end
Fully ported head with 3 angle valve job
Brian Crower Forged Rods
ARP rod bolts
Wiseco Forged Pistons
Cower stage 3 cams
Crower valves
Skunk2 valve springs and retainers
Honda K20 injectors
Sytec adjustable FPR
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Mfactory cam gears
N1 crank pulley
Fujitsubo manifold
Buddyclub spec 4 exhaust + de-cat
Jenvey Throttle Bodies (Jenvey filter/Back plate, Fuel lines, fittings etc)
Mocal Oil Catch Can system
Fidanza flywheel
ACT 6 puk paddle clutch
Kaaz plate type diff
ITR 4.785 final drive
Skunk 2 Short shifter
Koyo ally rad
19 row oil cooler
Samco hoses
Odyssey lightweight battery and Battery Box
Alloy lower engine mount bracket
Running Autronics management

Wheels/Tyres

Rota Clubstar x4
Silverstone FTZ RR tyres (need replacing)

Interior

Cobra Suzuka bucket seat
Sabelt 5 point 3" harness
OMP trecento 300mm steering wheel with Spacer
Electrical 2.5 litre plumbed in extinguisher
Electrical Cut off switches
OMP Pedals

As most will know, the Civic has been cared for by Richy at Performance Autoworks and has needed for nothing. The engine was built from scratch last Xmas and has run a full season with only the plugs/oil needing changing at Race meets. The engine was pulled apart 4 weeks ago for inspection and it was confirmed that it was still in tip top condition considering having run a full Race season, so was put back together with a new headgasket, oil, filter etc etc

Also worth remembering the car is ready to race, and is MOT'd and still road legal (if it was tax'd etc)

I'm sure I will have missed loads so feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them :wink:

Price OIRO £10995

Location (Usk/Cirencester)

PICT0269.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

cadwell2009.jpg

zcombe3.jpg

xxxxxx.jpg

civicNipponready008.jpg

civicNipponready006.jpg

Last edited:
love this car... paint looks class. why are you selling if you dont mind me asking? another project in the pipeline? :D

Good luck on the sale are the polycarbonate windows for sale via autoworx???

Furthermore would you consider selling the diffuser and front lip seperatily?

Regards Bas

Ive had dibs on the diffuser since forever if he does sell it anyway! Haha

If i had the money, ohmi**** :nice:

Good luck with the sale man and cant wait to see next years car!

I've seen this car in person at the CC Rallyday, there might even be some of my drool left on the bonnet :p

I've watched you and Mikey cream it around the track in some in-car videos, I keep expecting you both to fly past the tiny Suzuki Swift but that thing really shifts!

The car looks great, good luck with the sale and the new K-powered beasty.

Dont really want to sell it, but need a few grand to pay a few bills and treat the family for a change and as this is the only thing I have that is worth anything then it has to go :(. Still hoping on a miracle to happen so I can keep it but we will see :nice:

Back