1998 prefacelift c/w ek9 for sale

scotty89

hi
up for sale is my 1998 R reg honda civic type r ek9 in championship white.
i have owned the car since march 2009 and has been used pretty much everyday, with not 1 mechanical fault.
it has 11 months mot and 4 months tax.

ENGINE....the engine has covered 69000 miles and i purchased it on just under 59000, and for the 10000 miles i have drove it i cant fault it...not once, it still pulls brilliantly and strong, like the day i first got it. i have changed the oil and filters 3 times now (every 3000 miles) i had a cambelt change at 63000 so will need to be done after another 4000 miles IMO. (better to be safe then sorry and have heard it should be changed every 10000 miles) i changed the plugs/leads and fuel filter about 4 months ago (unsure on what the mileage was). there are no puffs of smoke when the v-tec comes in and does not burn through oil, there are no leaks from anywhere and have recently put a new rocker cover seal on when i had the rocker cover re-srayed.

BODYWORK/PAINTWORK....the bodywork/paintwork is in good condition considering the car is 12 years old with only a couple of minor marks which i have noticed, 1 of them is a dent in the rear number plate recess but i have a new 1 ready to be painted and installed, it has a small scuff on the front lip spoiler which just needs a rub down and paint and small bit of paint peel on the top of the front bumper, and last theres a couple small stone chips on the side skirts which u cannot really prevent from happening.
the underside of the car is in immaculate condition with no rust and well protected. i also cleaned my arches spotless and protected with underseal.

INTERIOR....the interior is in good shape with no scratches or gouges to the dashboard/doorcards, sadly there are no floor mats so this does mean there is a small faded patch where you rest your heels whilst driving but no tears, this could easily be covered by floor mats which for some reason i havent got round to purchasing.
it has an aftermarket nardi torini steering wheel which has wear marks due to age as this was on the car when i purchased it.
the car has the extras such as electric windows/electric fold and adjust mirrors/central locking, the car did have air conditioning but i did have this removed but still have the whole system to go with the car.
i have removed the rear seats and belts as i have OMP 2" strap 4 point harnesses but still have it all so these will be sold with the car.

RECAROS....as usual the car does have the red recaro seats, the passanger seat is in good condition with both bolsters in good condition with no tears.
the drivers side seat isnt as good as i have the common bolster problem on the door side (from gettin in and out) so sadly over time this has worn and cause a a couple small tears.
both seats have OMP 2"strap 4 point road legal harnesses.

WHEELS....i have recently had the wheels refurbed and powder coated in c/w, then wrapped them in 4 x brand new toyo R1 tyres which are 1 month old and in mint condition with very long life left.

SUSPENSION....at the start of november i purchased a set of BC height and dampening adjustable coilovers (have reciepts) with springrates of 10kg front and 6kg rear along with a full set of front and rear buddy club camber arms, and once installed had the cambers set up which are currently at -1.5 camber on the front with 0 toe and -1 camber on the rear with 0.5 toe. and it handles beautifully. and still suprisingly comfy.

SAFETY....i have just recently had a viper thatcham insurance approved immobilliser installed for insurance and safety purposes (dropped insurance a fair bit) which has lifetime guarentee and warrantee and is suppose to make the car impossible to move....unless you have the keys.

so as it stand the mods ive done and the mods that came with the car are..
-bc height and dampening adjustable coilovers
-front and rear buddy club camber arms
-refurbed wheels
-OMP 2" strap 4 point road legal harnesses (black)
-cat back exhaust, unsure on make but sound nice and not too loud.
-thatcham approved immobiliser
-roof spray black which IMO looks smart (pics below)
-nardi torini steering wheel.

if theres anything i have forgot i will write it up asap.

if you have any questions or ish to arrange a viewing then feel free to contact me either through ek9.org or call on 07791784810. between 8am-9pm during the week and after 10 am on weekends.

i am situated 2 miles off j14 on the m5 which is inbetween bristol and gloucester...england.

pics are below, i dont have any of the interior yet but will post them up tomorrow nite.

114553.jpg

114619.jpg

114629.jpg

114646.jpg

114658.jpg

114708.jpg

114720.jpg

114730.jpg

114745.jpg

114821.jpg

114850.jpg

114901.jpg

cheers guys

Man thats nice:cool:. Good luck with the sale:nice:

Whats replacing her mate?

hi all, sorry i havent replied much, had a few problems with the laptop...but got another problem now. i cant get insurance on a teg till im 21 which is a pain in the ass but thats the only car i want, so i think im going to have to keep hold of the car for a little longer cuz thats the only means of transport i have. the car will be back up for sale in a couple months.

thanks for the interest people.

hi all, sorry i havent replied much, had a few problems with the laptop...but got another problem now. i cant get insurance on a teg till im 21 which is a pain in the ass but thats the only car i want, so i think im going to have to keep hold of the car for a little longer cuz thats the only means of transport i have. the car will be back up for sale in a couple months.

thanks for the interest people.

Ok mate give me a pm i'm interested back end of feb???

^ 4500?? i dont think he'l be that desperate! but mate seriously now i want your 9! il be getting rid of mine in the nxt few weeks as ive ad a cash offer i cnt refuse so when this is back up for sale please let me know as i will top any offer u get off other peeps! cheerz. nath.

Back