My Silver Ej9 Project

StevenEj9

Well Lads,
I bought my civic in the summer 2013 as a project for when I turn 17 and get on the road. I was introduced to Honda's by my friend who previously had a few and I was instantly hooked. I spent some time looking up ideas on what I could use as inspiration, I came across a few nice silver civics so I set out to look for a tidy silver one for a reasonable price.

This is it when I first got it

The First Thing I purchased was a set of Neochrome BLOX wheels nuts and a set of dice valve caps, As you can see above.

After looking through the car for some time, one of the things that caught my eye was the front balance which needed a bit of refurbishment, so we took off the front end and got to work.

This was it before.

Then we primed it.

Then we sprayed it.

Here is another picture to see the comparison.

Since everything was off I thought it would be a good time to buy a type r grille. We sprayed that and fitted it.

I went and got and ek9 spoiler with a 3rd brakelight.

We got bored one day so me and my friend decided that we would give the boot a clean. So we stripped out the rear seats and parcel shelf and gave it clean. I got a fire extinguisher off my friend and put it in for the race look, haha.

I came across a nice catback for sale for a reasonable price so I purchased that and we fitted that with a decat.

I was looking through the internet for a nice steering wheel and snap off, to remove the standard look to the interior. I ordered deep dish leather NRG wheel and snap from america off a company called Importparts.com. It took about 2 weeks to come and was fitted immediately after it arrived.

I purchased a set of tilt brackets for the spoiler and a jap boot recess.

We lowered the car on a set of D2 coilovers which I got off a friend, this made a massive difference in the look of the car.

Bought a sir armrest and A type R style gearknob and borrowed a set of red seat covers.

Got rid of the type R spoiler with a brakelight and bought a clean silver one.

Nice one man! Very clean!

Did you get the spray made up in a can or just buy it from somewhere?

Looking great man. Brings back memories of my old vsm ej9! You should ek9 your headlights makes a massive difference! :nice:

Where I got them there was a book with all the colour codes of the cars they have paint for . You find your colour code for your car and then find the spray can above with the matching code.

Looks good dude, why don't you just take the rear seat belts out??

ek9 back seats would look class was thinkin of swapping my sir seats for type r

Recently Bought A SOHC Vtec Air Intake, D15 airbox and pipe, We fitted them fairly handy. Since the standard 1.4 air intake was gone it made room for an Sir strut brace. I sprayed the old heat shield black, just to tidy up the engine bay. That cleaned up the engine bay nicely, I am very pleased with the outcome.

Looks good man, vsm ej9s are the best first car :p

Thanks for the feedback, I have sourced a new set of wings its just a matter of getting them sprayed.

Back again,
Have got a few nice bits since I last updated this nothing to special,

First of all I decided to remove the rear wiper.

I bought a few hole plugs on ebay to fill the hole, 25mm rubber hole plug if any else is curious.

Here is a picture of the boot with the plug.

I noticed the the gaiter ring was broken so I took the plastic piece from the gaiter off my
old center piece that was removed.

I was at a honda breakers just up the road and I came across this piece and since it was such a bargain I had to get it, A genuine type r carbon fiber center console. It has a small bit of damage but once fitted it is not as noticeable.

In the process of removing old center console.

And here it is fitted.

Last edited:
Back