Burny's B18C EK9

Burny

Thought i would start a build thread for my EK9. I swapped my old ek9 for this with cash the other way, it made sense due to my old ek9 needing bodywork attention and this one also having a B18C. The car was only registered in the UK in January 2013 and has roughly 63,000 miles on the clocks (still in kph). She has BC coilovers, Fujitsubo manifold, Fujitsubo RM01A, funkypower decat pipe, drivers lowered seat rail, ported 70mm ITR intake, water temp gauge, ITR 15" alloys, Skunk2 LCA's, S80 LSD box.

Here is a few pics of her.

As you can see from the pics she really is immaculate!

Unfortunately the engine started to smoke quite bad so i decided to SORN her over the summer, whilst the car is off the road i have been saving for: Skunk2 Inlet and 68mm TB, new rocker cover, Spoon N1, ARC winglets, Seeker V2 wing and also the bill R-Motion will be charging for a fitted b18c.

I plan to have under the bay looking as good as my old 9.

My old EK9 was very quick compared to others and i think it may have been down to the setup so i plan on copying all the mods even though my new 9 has a b18c fitted. I kept hold of my genuine Mugen CAI, i also had a 3" intake pipe along with Spoon leads. Once R-Motion do the engine swap i will get her mapped on either Crome or Hondata. I'm going to strip the rear seats out this weekend too and fit carpet to the rear along with my new BYS brace. I also plan on getting a harness bar at some stage.

I have also picked up two sets of sexy wheels which are currently being refurbished :) a set of Regamasters and a set of Sprinthart CPR's i don't have a picture of these i will get one shortly. (TE37's are on my Glanza)

Thanks for looking, i have a vision in my head of how the EK9 will look when completed, with abit of luck it will all be completed by October :)

Looks nice! Shame you haven't had time to enjoy it because of the engine

Did it just decide to start smoking at random?

Looks nice! Shame you haven't had time to enjoy it because of the engine

Did it just decide to start smoking at random?

I know it was a shame :( yeah just in vtec, was told not to waste my time compression testing it as it was deffo rings. I've got my Glanza on the road all summer so theres no major rush, was frustrating though.

we'll have the rear looking mint next week dw :D

I've been very busy working on the car over the last couple of weekends and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have also purchased a few more goodies as shown below :)

My staggered 15" CPR's, these are currently being refurbed, searched for months for a set of these!

BYS front strut brace, i need to give it a good clean up.

OEM wind deflectors, few clips missing so will get new ones soon.

Tegiwa harness bar

Rays wheel nuts

Two 205/50/15 & Two 195/50/15 AD08's for my CPR's

Skunk2 Inlet manifold and throttle body port matched to 68mm.

And my Regamasters returned from being refurbed :) awaiting delivery of valves and stickers.

Tyres for the Rega's. (4 x 195/50/15 T1R's)

I also purchased rear plastics off Lee S on the forum, mine had been completely cut off at the rear bench so that a strut brace could be fitted!

With a big help from Pudd off the forum we set about taking my seats out and giving them a good clean, to say they were dirty is an understatement!

We then taken the carpets out and gave them a good seeing to!

Left to dry on the garage roof!

We then decided to take the whole interior carpet out, the list of things to do got bigger and bigger lol.

Whilst the carpet was out i thought that i would underseal the floor.

With this being my second ek9 i know where to look out for places where rust can begin, my first ek9 wasn't the cleanest example and did have the odd patch of rust here and there and i will do my upmost best to keep this ek9 in absolutely spotless rust free condition. So i decided to underseal the inside of the quarter panel and down into the sills, i know that this is one of the places where rust can be formed, as the interior plastics were removed there wasn't a single spot of rust there which made me very happy and not question why i have bought this car with the engine deciding to give up on me!

I also decided to remove the rear seat belts from around the C/D braces.

The strut brace that i thought i had bought turned out to actually be a boot brace!

Mine and Pudd's cars chilling in the sun

Began to carpet the rear :)

Interior was all put back in, looked brand new!

Seats left to dry, came up mint, i need to get the one bolster replaced due to wear though, shall do it next week.

Rear strut brace was painted and put in position

Rear plastic was then cut to allow the strut brace to sit through it.

Rear plastics put back in and here we have it :)

I then fitted my harness bar and fire extinguisher

Taken my exhaust system off, im selling the Fujitsubo and keeping the 5Zigen manifold and plan on running a Spoon N1 catback.

More updates to come soon hope you enjoyed reading it :)

Coooooool Stuff dude, Love all those braces :D lol at the boot brace, it looks wicked though and its all going to help ;)

Really like the black carpet in the back it looks smart..

This is going to be a really nice car.

Enjoying the Glanza in the summer will be nice though :D

Nice work here! What carpet did you use in the back? Seems to of gone in to shape really well,

Who did you buy this car off? The dirtiest person in the world? Can't believe the state of the seats

Look great cleaned up though, top job:nice:

Last edited:
Coooooool Stuff dude, Love all those braces :D lol at the boot brace, it looks wicked though and its all going to help ;)

Really like the black carpet in the back it looks smart..

This is going to be a really nice car.

Enjoying the Glanza in the summer will be nice though :D

Thanks mate, its coming along nicely cant wait to finish her :) i hate driving the glanza its horrible to drive with it having a paddle clutch and harsh diff!

Nice work here! What carpet did you use in the back? Seems to of gone in to shape really well,

Who did you buy this car off? The dirtiest person in the world? Can't believe the state of the seats

Look great cleaned up though, top job:nice:

Its just interior carpet off ebay mate :) and i bought it off vti2010 lol the only guy i know who will polish the car for hours but not clean the inside! He done a b18 engine swap and got in and out the car with his dirty clothes on!

Yeah its coming along nicely now should have some more updates soon :)

Thanks mate, its coming along nicely cant wait to finish her :) i hate driving the glanza its horrible to drive with it having a paddle clutch and harsh diff!

Haha i feel you dude, The Glanza V i owned had a Twin plated clutch.. Rattle rattle rattle.. lol. Although i didn't have an L.S.D That must up the fun factor alot :D
I guess you could use it to get the Civic project moving forward faster lol.

Haha i feel you dude, The Glanza V i owned had a Twin plated clutch.. Rattle rattle rattle.. lol. Although i didn't have an L.S.D That must up the fun factor alot :D
I guess you could use it to get the Civic project moving forward faster lol.

Yeah definately, shes a fully forged 325bhp monster can be slighly scary at times lol miss the 9 like mad though they drive so nice and i love the interior :) I'm going as quick as i can dude working on it all the time, the things that seem to be taking the longest is actualy finding the bits i need for sale, havnt seen a Spoon N1 for sale for ages, been looking for ARC winglets for 4 months too lol

Back