Frodo's Black Ek9 Build

Frodo

EK9 Driver Finally!
Donator
Right so had this a few months now so may as well do a build thread and update it as i go :nice:

Got the car in november last year after swapping my old crx plus cash for it

Mint low miles example in black which i've always wanted and have said for 5 years i'd own an ek9 one day :D

Few shots from when i first got it

Edit 10_3 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Edit 10_2 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Edit 10_4 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Edit 10_5 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Then over winter while it was off the road i got a personal grinta wheel with yellow stitch in 330mm and a dual kit of the D1 spec bosses and some Titanuim wheel bolts to go with it from BoltsBolts (recommend these to anyone, proper baller looking)

Also won a mint red recaro Spg seat off ebay so fitted that along with a buddyclub rail

DSC_0291 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Just been having fun and enjoying it on the back roads so far.

Current mods are the wheel, seat, meister R coilovers and a 5zigen pro racer burnt tip cat back with decat

Also before it came out on the road i did a wire tuck and fuse box relocation which cleaned up the bay a whole load

DSC_0371 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

DSC_0375 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Also had my dc2 airbox fitted that i've had lying in my house for about 2 years

Just this week i got my Stack gauges in the post as well as a single din blanking plate so hopefully get those fitted soon (oil temp, water temp, oil pressure)

Booked on a rolling road on the 2nd of june so will see how it performs then

Plans are for some 15x7 almighty grey regas, some AD08s, airwalker rep front bumper, tegiwa manifold and remap beforw winter then hoping to get a diffuser and a rollcage over winter as well as some harnesses

Not in a mega rush as i've just been having fun blasting about in it :drive:

couple of shots from the photoshoots i've done with the car

DSC_0376 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

DSC_0343 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

DSC_0290 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

DSC_0288 by Frodo8191, on Flickr

Car has been machine polished and gets washed and waxed pretty much every time i go for a drive in it haha

More updates to come when i get my stuff bought and fitted :D

Looks absolutely awesome, I've always liked black EK9's in prefacelift form, the Rega's in white will look so good on there, Sits well too :nice:

Love this car so much, cant wait to see it in the flesh!

loving the pictures! keep seeing people with SPG's been looking for 1 or a set for a while now

Love Black Ek9's .... Love how they look lowered with OEM wheels :win:

Stunning car! Makes me want to make my EK9 black. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the comments guys

And yeah you should get an spg. Had quite a few seats and the spg is by far the most comfortable and nicest to sit in

Yeah love the stock wheels on black 9s. Would only change them for something special tbh

Thats really nice, Love the recaro also looks great and I usually hate mis matched front seats but that looks spot on!

Cheers Ross, yeah got it out about a month ago. Done 1000 miles so far and it's been spot on even with mega abuse. Cracking car likes :D the crx out to play yet?

Shite car. Hate it. Hate how good this is

Haha dying to get mine going man. Just keep yours outside Glasgow :p

Ps your sun strip is massive!

Haha. You're no allowed a black one anyway ally :p

Yeah, it's mega good, can actually see when the suns out for a change lol

You cant beat a black one, looks lovely

Thats actually gave me some motivation !!

Cheers Ross, yeah got it out about a month ago. Done 1000 miles so far and it's been spot on even with mega abuse. Cracking car likes :D the crx out to play yet?

Nice one John, was always spot on when I had it too. Was thinking about a B18C for a period of time be the B16b ran so good was hesitant to take the risk of getting a smokey B18.

Crx is still sitting in the garage, been collecting parts for it but with my new job I've really not had any time to start with the jobs. Got a week off in a couple of weeks so will be getting crashed into them then.

Got a week long road trip planned in September too.

Nice one John, was always spot on when I had it too. Was thinking about a B18C for a period of time be the B16b ran so good was hesitant to take the risk of getting a smokey B18.

Crx is still sitting in the garage, been collecting parts for it but with my new job I've really not had any time to start with the jobs. Got a week off in a couple of weeks so will be getting crashed into them then.

Got a week long road trip planned in September too.

Aww nice man, that week long trip will be fun in it. Yeah I was struggling with time for a big but forced myself to make time for the car haha

Yeah tbh I'd love a b18 but with the risk of smokeyness that puts me off, I'd probs b20 it if I was gonna engine swap it tbh

Back