John VTEC91 EK4 build

John VTEC91

Hi guys im finally going to start my build thread. if anyone has any ideas or feedback let me know please :) here goes....

i got my ek4 around sep/oct time after swapping my supra for it. being desperate at the time and waiting months to get a civic i hardly looked over the car (silly move i know) so after a week or two i started getting problem after problem so right now i have it off the road

I stripped out and noticed that its a complete mess water leaking in from the sunroof drain which has flooded the inside. really poor paintwork, crash damage to the front end, stupid amp wiring, damaged wheels, poor wheel nuts that have threaded all my studs, no ABS and so much more. so ive decided to build it from the ground up

Over the next few months i will be doing the following
new body work fixing all bumpers and crash damage
Fresh respray from black to blue
fix the ABS
fix the key barrel (key comes out when engine is on)
set of red ROTA GT3 alloys
brand new set of branded tyres
wheel nuts - BLOX £50
hub studs - ARP £70
new battery - TMS £45
upgraded brakes
coilovers
new interior (blue carpet red seats)
new exhaust
new clutch
B18C-R swap
S80 gearbox with 4.7FD

anyone got any ideas on what brands to get ?

here are some pics of the car
civic.jpg

IMAG0481.jpg

IMAG0483.jpg

IMAG0484.jpg

My stripped out interior
IMAG0485.jpg

My leak
IMAG0486.jpg

IMAG0487.jpg

IMAG0506.jpg

IMAG0510.jpg

getting the water out
IMAG0511.jpg

IMAG0513.jpg

my poor leather interior
IMAG0488.jpg

IMAG0489.jpg

my broken bumpers
IMAG0490.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

front end damage
IMAG0500.jpg

IMAG0501.jpg

IMAG0502.jpg

IMAG0503.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg

and some engine shots
IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0495.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0499.jpg

new battery
IMAG0498.jpg

blox wheel nuts and arp hub studs
823502_152760418213032_966631086_o.jpg

Last edited:
You have a busy few month ahead :)) is it new brake pads your after or a new brake set up? Why are you goin for blue carpet and red seats? Why not black or red carpet.

You have a busy few month ahead :)) is it new brake pads your after or a new brake set up? Why are you goin for blue carpet and red seats? Why not black or red carpet.

i do indeed :) im just changing the pads and discs although i might refurb the calipers aswell depending on how much i have left. the blue carpet is because i want to be different and i dont want to much red in the interior and if i put red carpet blue seats the seats may clash with the paint lol i dont like things that dont match lol

Honestly cant believe my eye right now.... I know this car quiet well as two of my mates owned it, finally got sold to people from birmingham i believe(may be wrong it was almost a year ago now), i can tell you some more history on it if you want to know.. i will let my mates know she still alive and kicking and back in scotland!

Honestly cant believe my eye right now.... I know this car quiet well as two of my mates owned it, finally got sold to people from birmingham i believe(may be wrong it was almost a year ago now), i can tell you some more history on it if you want to know.. i will let my mates know she still alive and kicking and back in scotland!

any history would be great mate i dont know a thing about it, i dont think your mates will like to know that whoever they sold it too has destroyed it lol

any history would be great mate i dont know a thing about it, i dont think your mates will like to know that whoever they sold it too has destroyed it lol

Well...You might not like some of this... Basic wee history lesson for you lol.. Originally my mate Blair bought it from peterborough, rough guess that was about 3 year ago now maybe i will need to ask him, he had it on the road a few months and then ended up sitting in his shed for quiet along time until he eventually sold it to another mate Robbie. It needed quiet alot of work to make it road worthy again, we slaved for about a week trying to get it all done in time for MOT.. He then had it on road no longer than a week and smashed it, went off road into a ditch I believe, never really told us the full story. He decided to fix as much damage as he could and then respray it in his garage matte black... There was something not right with the handling of the car and by this point he had spent so much money and time on it he was sick of it and sold it to people from birmingham for fairly cheap. As far as i know the handling issue was the passanger side rear trailing arm(which i guess has been sorted now).

So surprised to see it, I thought it would be down England or in scrap heaven by now to be honest, glad she still alive though looks good with new paint job. Engine was always very strong, best part about it.

I will get some old pictures and post them up soon :nice:

ah thought it was familiar, yep sure it was a rta was bent as he was after one for a while

Well...You might not like some of this... Basic wee history lesson for you lol.. Originally my mate Blair bought it from peterborough, rough guess that was about 3 year ago now maybe i will need to ask him, he had it on the road a few months and then ended up sitting in his shed for quiet along time until he eventually sold it to another mate Robbie. It needed quiet alot of work to make it road worthy again, we slaved for about a week trying to get it all done in time for MOT.. He then had it on road no longer than a week and smashed it, went off road into a ditch I believe, never really told us the full story. He decided to fix as much damage as he could and then respray it in his garage matte black... There was something not right with the handling of the car and by this point he had spent so much money and time on it he was sick of it and sold it to people from birmingham for fairly cheap. As far as i know the handling issue was the passanger side rear trailing arm(which i guess has been sorted now).

So surprised to see it, I thought it would be down England or in scrap heaven by now to be honest, glad she still alive though looks good with new paint job. Engine was always very strong, best part about it.

its still pretty bad and the front end is still bent a little but its all getting fixed up. the paint job on it is pretty poor it looks a mixture of matte back and gloss so i think the person who sold it to me must have tried to paint it again. the handling is still **** when i get to about 90mph the car weves all over the road but i though that might be down to tracking. when i bought the car the previous owner has put a b18 head on it so im thinking theyve put the b16 head on there b18 engine as thats the correct combination they also told me car was 210 bhp which is obviously bull **** although it is pretty quick, did the insurance not write it off when he crashed it ?

also do you know if the chassis is bent or anything or was it just minor front end damage ?

its still pretty bad and the front end is still bent a little but its all getting fixed up. the paint job on it is pretty poor it looks a mixture of matte back and gloss so i think the person who sold it to me must have tried to paint it again. the handling is still **** when i get to about 90mph the car weves all over the road but i though that might be down to tracking. when i bought the car the previous owner has put a b18 head on it so im thinking theyve put the b16 head on there b18 engine as thats the correct combination they also told me car was 210 bhp which is obviously bull **** although it is pretty quick, did the insurance not write it off when he crashed it ?

It is still the same rocker cover on it from when we had it so that might be bull **** too, only thing I see different in engine bay is new manifold as the one on it had holes in it. He didnt tell insurance, it was on a back road near his house in middle of nowhere, never see a copper up there and was able to drive it home. It seems faster than a normal b16 even when we had it but no way 210bhp

It is still the same rocker cover on it from when we had it so that might be bull **** too, only thing I see different in engine bay is new manifold as the one on it had holes in it. He didnt tell insurance, it was on a back road near his house in middle of nowhere, never see a copper up there and was able to drive it home. It seems faster than a normal b16 even when we had it but no way 210bhp

could be you cant trust people these days, maybe its had some engine work when it was with a further previous owner. i will need to get it inspected and make sure the chassis is still stable before i go and fix it all up

could be you cant trust people these days, maybe its had some engine work when it was with a further previous owner. i will need to get it inspected and make sure the chassis is still stable before i go and fix it all up

Yeah might be best too, there some old pictures for ya

Back