lloyds ek9 restoration + k-swap

lloyd

0C0FA049-9A10-40E7-A6FB-56989D82E891_zpsr1hgduzk.jpg
been a member of this forum since i bought my '9 almost 3 years ago, i think its about time i put up a thead, its been through quite a bit since then.

this is how i bought it completly standard,and fairly rough. big wheels and sound system and all sorts of sinful stuff,
162954_175367465820422_100000415106809_499559_3350937_n.jpg

i only had the car 3 days when this happened,
Image0152_zpsb1a2cf05.jpg

Image0162_zps27649b17.jpg

it lay up then for a few months until i sourced a replacement engine
being a broke student with a broken ek9 was hell,
when i finally got one i spent 3 days getting all cleaned up
DSCF0194_zps94d022e6.jpg

DSC00112_Hagrid_zps95a1c9b5.jpg

DSC00121_zps694c7e0f.jpg

was delighted to get it running again,even though it still looked horrific
DSCF0266_zpsfc546002.jpg

i ran it like that for a few months until i broke the 3rd/4th selector rod in my gear box, and decided to go all out rebuild as it was whineing and crunching anyway, so i got a new 3rd/4th rod and sycro hub, new diff bearings and a gear-x 4,7 fd. was the best thing i have done to the car, while the gearbox was away getting built i decided to pull out engine and repaint the engine bay midnight puple, get my carbon spoiler relacquered as it was faided and sourced a set of standard wheels refurbished black with new yokohama prada spec 2's,
DSCF0763_zps39d4b4fb.jpg

DSCF0770_zpsb1d4657c.jpg

DSC00518_zps66641969.jpg

DSC00505_zpse7f73f61.jpg

250645_438467809510385_1088765342_n.jpg

DSCF4943_Hagrid_Vignette_zps1d3d3d44.jpg

DSCF6017_zpsbf4c9f0a.jpg

the car was totally transformed with the new gearing, proper size wheels and decent tyres, i drove it like this for 6 months and attended a drag event at a local airport, getting a 14.8 quarter mile which i was pretty happy with considering the engine was pretty much stock.

DSCF6002_zps2ec19341.jpg

i then began collecting bits for a complete respray,as the car was showing its age with too many dents, scrapes and the bumpers where the wrong colour and there was marks on the bottom of the quarter panels form the stupid c-west sideskirts, i got a tegiwa manifold new stickers, badges, wheel nuts, foglights and carbon mirrors, in janurary 2012 i took a few days off to help with the respray, pretty stressful week, :p
DSC00662_zpsf5c1cc7d.jpg

DSC00689_zps19d5f48f.jpg

DSC00696_zps945b8d44.jpg

DSC00706_zpsd559147d.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

was pretty happy with the results it finally looked decent. i then bought an altezza so i wouldnt have to drive the ek9 every day an ruin it, i fitted the tegiwa manifold and stripped out the rear properly and i was now getting 14.6 in the quarter mile which was a nice little improvement, that was pretty much it in 2012 which brings it upto date, during my christmas hol i decided to put it in the shed and strip it bare in side as i wanted the inside as clean as the out side, so i am in the process of this at the minute, also going to seam weld it now when i have every thing out,.
DSC_0571.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

im probably going a bit extreme, haha
DSC_0687.jpg

DSC_0690.jpg

will i? ;) ;)
DSC_0607.jpg

this is the story of my ek9 so far, love it to bits and will never ever sell it, il try keep this updated more often,

thanks for reading,

Last edited:
Very good transformation man..had a bit of bad luck at the start but at least it's mint now good to see..

Great job mate. Shame about the engine.

at first i was like.. aw naw! and now it i'm like :O looks so good man! real gutter about the engine! did you source another b16b? I would have made that an excuse to go b18 :p

some progress on this EK9 lad!! She's looking great! Who does all the spraying for you btw? She'll look perfect when the inside is finished and that blue rocker covered engine is in place ;) are you buying new rubbers and seals for the doors and boot etc?

very nice... what wheels are you running on it ? both slips n oem looks very nice

Proper good build thread ! Engine looked amazing after you cleaned it up/painted it.

Don't think I've got the same patience to take the interior back to metal though.

car looks awesome now mate real transformation!! good work

btw where did you get your carbon mirrors?

Really nice 9 and some excellent work carried out! Keep it up, I look forward to the next update...

cheers for the comments guys, :nice:

some progress on this EK9 lad!! She's looking great! Who does all the spraying for you btw? She'll look perfect when the inside is finished and that blue rocker covered engine is in place ;) are you buying new rubbers and seals for the doors and boot etc?

thanks Matthew,i get a local lad to do the painting, hows ur build goin for you? i dont think il bother with rubbers as mine are grand, i dont think that ones goin in, i made the mistake of buying a doner ep3 and then realising how crap the uk spec engine and box is, so its for sale now to fund a good jdm plant, :)

very nice... what wheels are you running on it ? both slips n oem looks very nice

the slipstreams i bought for my euro R i stuck them on to see what they looked like, their 17's so a bit big. iv got a spare set of 98 spec dc2 wheels in black that im gonna use now for a while,

car looks awesome now mate real transformation!! good work

btw where did you get your carbon mirrors?

i got them off this guy, he's not to far from me
CARBON SPOON MIRRORS - BODY STYLING - CIVIC EK 96-00 - HONDA

Get some bbs wheels on there :)

bb-F**kin-S, :angry2: i HATE them even on vw's so anyone who puts them on a ek9 should be shot.. imo haha,

small update today, floor all back to bare metal, its a long process, im probably going to go insane by the time i have underneth and engine bay done,:angry:

DSC_0715.jpg

lol, you mad bastid! Epic work so far lad, keep up the good work.

Back