Brake Fluid & Power Steering Fluid!

ramboteamjon

Got a lot of mods and cleaning,etc to do at the end of this month and wana change my Brake Fluid, Power Steering Fluid & clutch fluid on my 98 EK9 while its getting everything else done. Anyone recommend any types of oil or just get it from honda?

I have a fidanza flywheel & exedy clutch with an LSD gearbox of course. Not sure if that would make any difference to what kind of oils I used. Already changed my Gearbox and Engine Oil twice since I got the car last august using the best of stuff after a little bit research.

Please help!:nice:

Brake Fluid- ATE super blue
Power Steering Fluid- OEM honda ONLY!!
Clutch Fluid- ATE super blue
Gear Box Fluid- OEM Honda

Depending on what LSD you have you may need to use a specific gearbox oil. I know Kaaz for one has there own fluid.

Nice one thanks blinx! I just have the stock EK9 LSD. I used OEM honda oil for the gearbox

Last edited:
Acquired myself some of the fluid today so I'll get that changed along with everything else! thanks again! :)

Brake Fluid- ATE super blue
Power Steering Fluid- OEM honda ONLY!!
Clutch Fluid- ATE super blue
Gear Box Fluid- OEM Honda

Depending on what LSD you have you may need to use a specific gearbox oil. I know Kaaz for one has there own fluid.

cool thanks also

Yes that is the one.

Since I like changing the fluid based on when it changes color, I don't like using ATE blue for the clutch master reservoir. It always looks dirty.

I can see the validity of them using the gold and blue for the brake fluid - it enables one to fully determine when the system has been completely flushed. But I start with draining the brake master completely and I'm most certain by the 3 caliper, the system is completely filled with new fluid.

How much brake/power steering/clutch fluid is needed when being changed?

1 litre of each is more than enough mate! i still have some left from the 1 litre bottles of each that I used! my old brake/power steering/clutch fluid was totally black when I changed it last week, god knows when it was last changed! everything feels so much better/responsive now!! :)

Ramboteamjon don't keep that old brake fluid after it's opened. It quickly starts to deteriorate by absorbing water from the atmosphere.

Will 1L of brake fluid cover the brake and clutch fluid yeah?

Back