Castrol dot 4 brake fluid and braided lines

jordman26

Hi, I recently changed my brake fluid to castrol dot 4 and some braided lines.but I noticed that the brakes feel really spongy and when braking hard it goes soft and slow to halt the car.

Anyone know the issues?

Could it be faded brake disc and pads?

Thanks

The system hasn't been bled properly/fully.

It took my system to be bled 5 times before I was happy with it.

Is there a proper way to bleed the system? As I've bleed it a lot of times and still has the same spongy effect

Right I'll give it a go but I'm done that quite a few times and still the same problem before.

RL/RR/FL/FR - Sealed line around the nipple into a pot with the line submerged in fluid.

Nipple closed, pump pedal to build pressure and allow air to rise to top of chamber. Pressure on pedal then release bleed nipple, make sure not to raise pedal until the nipple is closed and do not re-use fluid. Repeat until no air bubbles are coming through line.

Once bled, take the car for a drive and get the ABS to engage, bleed again afterwards if needed. Check all lines and don't use old fluid or shaken fluid.

Alright thanks bud, I'll give it a go and see how it goes.

Hopefully it can sort the problem out

for RHD cars as per Honda manual FR, RL, FL, RR If I remember correctly which I hope I do basically the brake lines are joined diagonally so you don't lose the whole front or whole rear at once if something was to fail & your working away from the MC and make sure the MC is bled properly 1st

Back