Best 300mm Upgrade...

Ernie

Id like to go to 300mm discs and twin pots, whats the most cost effective way to do this?

I have ek9 5 stud setup at the moment, 282/262 with 16" wheels...

Looked at the sticky at the top of the page and cant make sense of it, too many U.S models mentioned.

Any rear upgrades bigger than 262 worth doing?

Go for the EP3 setup, the heat dissipation should be as good as the ATR, but crucially it won't send the bias forwards as much as the twin pots.

You can leave the rears as they are with EP3s.

Go for the EP3 setup, the heat dissipation should be as good as the ATR, but crucially it won't send the bias forwards as much as the twin pots.

You can leave the rears as they are with EP3s.

Thanks, is it as staright forward as bolting up the ep3 calipers/carriers and discs, job done?

Not sure, I think EP3 brakes might be trailing instead of leading like the EK, so you might need to flip them left to right to make sure the bleed nipple is on the top.

I know they definitely fit, however I can't confirm if it's a straight bolt on or whether anything needs spacing/grinding. I'm sure someone else will be along shortly to confirm that...

I found this the best solution for me!
14091d1325856824-replacing-aem-big-brake-kit-rotors-brembo-rotors-need-help-dsc01630.jpg

http://www.ek9.org/forum/brakes/26263-replacing-aem-big-brake-kit-rotors-brembo-rotors-need-help-3.html

Thanks, is it as staright forward as bolting up the ep3 calipers/carriers and discs, job done?

Haven`t done it myself but many people in local forum have, and it`s a straight fit. No hassle. You might consider the 282mm rear discs off an S2000. Too much braking force on the front with 300mm discs and a light tail...

Seems there is some grinding/spacing to get them to fit... aswelll as spinning the calipers...

I have the EP3 conversion on the CRX, the calipers bolt straight on th the hubs, upside down as Kozy has said. Then there is a 3mm spacer behind the disc to center it with the caliper. Ive just milled the caliper carrier so i can get rid of the spacer behind the disc.

Really easy swap and they fit behind some 15" wheels too with abit of grinding.

Murray

Or you could get the accord type r calipers, iv just got some some for my car. Twin pots and 300mm. Iv heard meant to awesome but cant comment yet as the car is still off the road for the winter.

Or you could get the accord type r calipers, iv just got some some for my car. Twin pots and 300mm. Iv heard meant to awesome but cant comment yet as the car is still off the road for the winter.

More front bias than the EP3s. Front bias is bad.

I have the ep3 set up on the front of my dc2 with 260 rears and think it's great!
Do really well on track and street.

I have the ep3 set up on the front of my dc2 with 260 rears and think it's great!
Do really well on track and street.

has it made your breaking alot sharper, do you stop alot quicker??

i got a set of calipers and discs from an ep3 just havnt fitted them yet

ive also got a set of calipers from a mb6 which ive been informed have a more agressive bite than ek9 calipers

Well I have a 282/242 set up on my eg and the set up on the dc2 I find is much sharper, I can reduce speed fairly quickly and get no fade, on track I was breaking near enough at the same points as a mate in a b18 ek9 with a wilwood front set up.

Hmmm seems EP3 may be the way to go... ATR stuff seems more expensive...

Whats the spec of the engine? whats the failing with the braking at the mo?

Whats the spec of the engine? whats the failing with the braking at the mo?

b18 turbo 360bhp.... nothing wrong in particular, but you can never have too much brakes IMO... as I have just gone to 16" rims I thought Id take advantage of the extra room. :nice:

if interested ill have ep3 front setup available soon, calipers will pretty much be new as in process of being shot blasted and fully rebuilt, any pistons/seals that need replacing will be with brand new items and calipers then painted

carriers included which also shot blasted and pad retaining clips and all bolts included

have used discs as well can throw in for next to nothing and pads which i think maybe oem or mintex

I am running a very similar setup engine wise and found my brakes aren't up to scratch anymore. I have just upgraded to Wilwood 4pot Dynalite calipers with 2 piece 310mm bells and rotors.

For the money this setup is awesome

Back