Spoon calipers on EK

shuthanbala1

Hi guys

Got some 4 pot spoon calipers to go on my EK, its got 262mm 4x100 front brakes at the moment, to upgrade to these, I know I need spacers as its going under regamasters, to bolt the spoons on, do I need anything else or isit straight bolt on....

Many thanks.

I think you need 282mm discs mate. use ones from a mg zs180. I have some wheel spacers for sale if you need them.

Yeh I be using 282mm MG discs and DC2 98spec pads,

What mm are the spacers? I was ideally going hubcentrics as a bolt on one, as I need 10mm minimum and will need extended studs in that case.

iirc, (but not 100% certain) with 5-10mm spacers you dont need extended studs.

Yeh I be using 282mm MG discs and DC2 98spec pads,

What mm are the spacers? I was ideally going hubcentrics as a bolt on one, as I need 10mm minimum and will need extended studs in that case.

Mine are 5mm but theyre just the steel ones that slide over the studs.

iirc, (but not 100% certain) with 5-10mm spacers you dont need extended studs.

My regas are 15" 6.5J with 45 Offset,

I think I need more than 5mm, been told past 6mm its not safe on standard studs?

I am sure you got more clearance than me Duncan?

My regas are 15" 6.5J with 45 Offset,

I think I need more than 5mm, been told past 6mm its not safe on standard studs?

I am sure you got more clearance than me Duncan?

I currently have 5mm spacers on my EK3 and to be honest I wouldn't install thicker spacers ...

On my EK4 i Have 10mm spacers with ARP extended studs and it looks nice and fits perfectly.

I currently have 5mm spacers on my EK3 and to be honest I wouldn't install thicker spacers ...

On my EK4 i Have 10mm spacers with ARP extended studs and it looks nice and fits perfectly.

Yeh,I wouldn't just leave 10mm spacers without extended studs at least...

if you dont put longer studs in, the wheel nuts will only be half way on:nono:

i have just bought some spoon calipers and they came with 5mm spacers

did mine on friday, used a grinder to take approx 1mm off the hub and split the brake back plate, and they slid out without having to replace the wheel bearings as well

i needed 13mm with mb6 hubs and dc2 wheels so im ditching the dc2 rims and getting evo 3 oz rims, omly need 5mm spacer with these

Back