RX7 calipers?

smackey

Just said i'd ask, But has anyone ever put front calipers off a rx7 onto a civic??

From the FC generation of RX-7s, there exists a kit out there. I have seen a local Civic with them here in Hong Kong.

Kind of neat I suppose.

If you could find out any more info on a kit or the like.. Would be good braking and would look a bit different..

Think it'll be left with me so... I'll try get some pics up tomorrow and see if any parts line up..

contenderjp-img600x450-1212507642ilrwfn98251.jpg

contenderjp-img600x450-1212507642knjyau98251.jpg

contenderjp-img600x450-1212507643bysgvc98251.jpg

You can tell where the mounting ears have been shaved a bit. This is apparently made for the 96spec ITR. So it would be the same to mount on the EK4.

It's not clear if there is any specific kit meant for the EK9 though.

:wow: nice info, I didn't knew this

same here... i saw a rx7 caliper earlier on.. wondering IF it can fit into my EK9 15" 5 lug or not.

the size doesnt seem to big tho. i m guessing it might fit. but jst the bracket gotta be customade.

btw, i tink tis is from the FD3s version

dsc01388xt1.jpg

dsc01389cq8.jpg

same here... i saw a rx7 caliper earlier on.. wondering IF it can fit into my EK9 15" 5 lug or not.

the size doesnt seem to big tho. i m guessing it might fit. but jst the bracket gotta be customade.

btw, i tink tis is from the FD3s version

dsc01388xt1.jpg

dsc01389cq8.jpg

there the ones i was looking at using but the bolt holes are to far apart to use on my ek4. I think the holes on the rx7's are 16cm's apart roughly and the ek4 is 14cm roughly..

eheh.. sure i will grind away the mazda wording :p

but i didnt buy it yet, n cannot test if it fits my ek9 5 lugs or not, n how extend do i have to do to mod the bracket

I'll try get pics up of how everything looks, my mate has a set off FD calipers lying around and i have ek9 hubs sitting outside, leave it with me.. :nice:

measure the ek9 hubs i have in the garage, there 14cm from the centre of each bolt hole.. i'm pretty sure the rx7 calipers i measured before were 16cm apart. but i'll try get them tomorrow and double check..

ctr013.jpg

ctr015.jpg

this looks like a great mod for my ek4. any idea about the stopping power?
the pistons does look much bigger that the one from a prelude h22.
any suggestions on which one would be a better buy.

found this site that did a rx7 caliper conversion.
url=http://www.hondasociety.com/board/showthread.php?p=1627555
but i did not quite understand what he did

those caliper look huge... :nice:

this looks like a great mod for my ek4. any idea about the stopping power?
the pistons does look much bigger that the one from a prelude h22.
any suggestions on which one would be a better buy.

Well considering the FD was the quickest stopping production car when it was introduced in '92 then in a lighter car they should be pretty good ;)

Back