EBC Yellow stuff pads

fizzle

blaaaaa
hey guys i have searched around but still need help, where can i buy ebc yellow stuff pads at a decent price? for my jordan

thank you for any help :)

why yellow stuff mate? I've tried the "red" stuff ones on a few of my cars and there ok, I have DS2500 in my Willwoods, they are great, no fade and are coping with fast road driving/braking nicely. try Freakyparts on here Im sure he'll sort you out

i read on here that they are decent pads for road use and the occasional track day?what pads would you recommend for street driving dude? thanks :)

Yellow from my memory was EBC's harder compound race/track pad, the propblem with that is it takes a while to heat them up to the working temp...

I would seriously go for Ds2500 or Mintex Extremes.
You still runing std 262 brakes on the Jordan?

Yellow from my memory was EBC's harder compound race/track pad, the propblem with that is it takes a while to heat them up to the working temp...

QUOTE]

i'm running yellow stuff on my daily drive.. bite when cold is still very good.
although it is rated at 900 degree but it still works great when cold..

running yellowstuff on my 9 just now and have just bought another full set of pads... Cant fault them, my warped discs can but i cant... good all round pad

I had the DS2500 on 262s and YS on 282s.

DS2500 are better than Yellowstuff IMO, despite changing brake setups inbetween.

Yellowstuff don't need to be heated up before they work well, they work pretty good when cold too. Have them on my 282mm DC2 brakes now and work great so far but haven't done any track day with it. If the weather allows it, I'll be testing them on the Nordschleife this month :D

DS2500 are great too but in a different price league. Opinions differ; some think they don't really make a difference and some think the DS2500 are slightly better. The price difference is relatively big; 80 pound vs 130 pound. So it's personal wether you'd like to spend 50 pound extra for what some say to make no difference, and others say does make a slight difference.

I would seriously go for Ds2500 or Mintex Extremes.
You still runing std 262 brakes on the Jordan?

I'm also using Yellows. They are the minimum bare when upgrading pads. EBC green and red are useless, they don't stop your car.

And yes they work very very well when COLD. As good as heated EBC RED.

The yellow stuff create alot of brake dust also, you'll forever be cleaning your rims. I've found them to work well from cold tho.

they're a good budget pad, not really much else to say. As with most things in life the more expensive they are then usually the better they are. For me however the yellows are fine as i'm not a track whore like some of the members on here and only use it for the odd spirited drive...

Hmm.... actually I was just doing some research in brake topic. My brakes (oem) was fitted last november, I drove 15k kms since then, and it's completely gone. I live near a hill, so I often go up for a spin, since I use hankook rs2-s. Now I need something much more aggressive. Some of the clubmates here uses yellow with turbogroove discs. I had a taste of them, impressive. But on the other hand there's the ferodo ds 2500. Some folks mention it on the same page with redstuff, which is wellknown a ****. So how are they compared to each other? And one more important thing, I can't afford discs right now, so I must use my OEM one (still very mint). What would you suggest? Bear in mind that winter is coming. Heard that ds2500 and ys are both good even when cold. Or any other performance pads?
edit: and my car is an EK3 (260mm rotors)

Last edited:
Since no ones answering I write again. I really need some first hand experiences. A couple of guys are saying that ferodo ds2000 (which should be softer than 2500) is too hard for street, can't keep it warm enough. I don't really get it, since so much of you guys are saying that the 2500 is how good, and ys and ds2500 is about the same performance level. Maybe they didn't properly do the bedding in? Regular drives bed in like driving a few hundred kms and that's all. What are you suggest? I really need a hard compound, since I drive harder than the average (esp. in mountain, where I always burn my pads and even the brake fluid)
So, I should go and give it a chance? Or just go with ys? Or just buy some "nissin-like" performance pads, or even nissin?

DS2500 are fine on the road, but they require an aggressive bed in, none of this gentle 500 miles bollocks you get with road pads. The instructions state several hard stops followed by a cooling phase for bedding in, if you don't follow this then they won't work as intended and may give the impression of being 'too hard'.

That's what I was thinking. I read stoptech and also the original ferodo bed in technique. Now it all comes down to the prices. There's a chance that I can get ferodos for 40% cheaper, that would be 88 gpb instead of 148. If not, then I stay with ys, so let faith decide ;) thanks for your answer

Tommorow I'll be deciding wether I'm going to take my DC2 with 282mm and YS to the Nordschleife for 12 laps, I reckon that should give a good impression of the pads!

Where are you finding Ferodos at that price?! I need some at the moment.

Back