EBC YELLOW STUFF Review

ijwhiteman

Super Moderator
Donator
Just fitted a set of these to the front of my EK9 in preperation of going to the Nurburgring.

Initial thoughts are very good, they look good quality, where very simple to fit and took less than an 1hr to do both fronts from start to finish.

First drive and there was instantly more bite/power and as the temperatures increased so did the stopping power. (Bare in mind i'm still wearing them in so no really heavy braking).

So far everything seems good, they have good cold bite and as they get warmer just get better and better.

I will add more after i get back from the ring but first 100 odd miles has been very pleasing.

If what i have herd is true...

Then they should be a relitively low dust pad? I'll let you know on that one...

HTH

Last edited:
I did yellow stuff and ebc slotted rotors on my EM1 about 1000 miles ago they are still stopping hard even when its wet.. Im still getting dust like mad sucks too because Im rolling on White Buddy Club P1s so it shows bad.

I bet you'll get crazy amount of dust!
Good cold bite is good to hear!

Bon87: not really, for the performance of the yellows, the dust is very very low. EBC is well known for that.

I've heard these pads are very rotor friendly, lots of ppl have said theyve gone through 3 sets of these pads without a rotor change.

My younger bro has recently installed these to his FN2R, and we were both shocked at the cold bite. Also if you didnt know, you'd think the car has had a Caliper upgrade of somesort. Massive difference over stock pads.

I'm installing a set within this week before track.

My DC5R will also be having Red stuff ceramic pads installed soon when I have the time. Red stuff has the lowest dust thorughout EBC range since its ceramic type.

Good to hear

Yellow stuff is what im going for next :)

Bon87: not really, for the performance of the yellows, the dust is very very low. EBC is well known for that.

I've heard these pads are very rotor friendly, lots of ppl have said theyve gone through 3 sets of these pads without a rotor change.

My younger bro has recently installed these to his FN2R, and we were both shocked at the cold bite. Also if you didnt know, you'd think the car has had a Caliper upgrade of somesort. Massive difference over stock pads.

I'm installing a set within this week before track.

My DC5R will also be having Red stuff ceramic pads installed soon when I have the time. Red stuff has the lowest dust thorughout EBC range since its ceramic type.

Good to hear about the relatively 'low dust' that the red stuff's produce. How rotor friendly are these pads?

Josh..

Good to hear about the EBC Yellow stuff pads :) What are you using for your rear pads?

very interesting. ive never rated ebc pads if im honest, their performance ones anyway, i'll have to give them a go when my pads die :)

I change my brake pads from Tanabe to EBC Reds coz the Tanabes produce alot of brake dust after evry rounds. The EBC still has the same dust output but better braking grip.

take some spare pads with you, my freind ray tried these on his mk3 golf and they ruined his weekend, take it your running DOT 5.1 fluid? one of teh most important things for the ring is decent brake fluid,

I found that the yellows were very dusty... I also thought although they had good bite when cold they werent as good as standard, only one you had warmed them up where they any good, but i was running both yellows and ebc grooved and vented disks.

I'm using yellows front and rear, well soon that is.

I'm not sure how rotor friendly the reds are as itl be a first time and haven't heard much

the best low dust brake pad I've used so far are the stock oem type r pads

the worst dust is spoon, they were shocking! 1 day = 2-3wks on oem pads

take some spare pads with you, my freind ray tried these on his mk3 golf and they ruined his weekend, take it your running DOT 5.1 fluid? one of teh most important things for the ring is decent brake fluid,

Yes brake fluid bleeding is the most important and overlooked area. 100% bleed just feels amazing even on stock system.

the revised yellow stuff pads are a great performance pad. my ex's dad owns EBC and he got us to test the new compound yellow stuff about two years ago in her ek9 on a sprint day. i was very impressed.

Spoke to my friend today, he preps does track, he preps his vw golf for track, he's used alot of pads and says the EBC Yellows are rubbish, they ruined the discs also....
He recommends Ds2500/3000 and Mintex 1155.

lol funny... Thats like 1 out of 20 bad exp I've heard with Yellows. He could be refering to the old technology since the new product is damn impressive.

Pads dont ruin discs... discs probally **** to begin with.

Another alternative is Ferredo.

the revised yellow stuff pads are a great performance pad. my ex's dad owns EBC and he got us to test the new compound yellow stuff about two years ago in her ek9 on a sprint day. i was very impressed.

Your EX sounds amazing

Ordered my yellow stuffs today, front and rear. looking forward to getting them fitted, should be impressive with the twin pots and 300mms :D

£116 Delivered for front and rear :)

I've fitted mine last week, all 4 corners. Totally different experience compared to Stock Pads and SPOON pads on my SPOON twin blocks and rotors, vacumme bled with Castrol DOT 4.1 fluid.

I cant seem to stop smoothly... I watched my foot travel only 10mm before a sudden bite broke in. Seems like I need to get used to re-adjusting my pedal pressure.

Back