Individual Throttle Bodies

kilo1onedelta

Hi what are the pros and cons to this set up?

Where can I find ITB for sale?
(Preferably NEW)

Thanks for any help

By bad daily,
I'm assuming you mean fuel consumption?

ITB offer more air. More air means more fuel agreed but the air and fuel mix is controlled by your foot so if you drive it harder and use more fuel it's not going to be the fault of the ITB.. in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback though

I'd like a stab at this in the future! The OBX option is tempting.

I met a guy in Tintops who has a 225bhp EG6 (1.6) rally car on ITBs running twin injectors.
Sounds like quite a car!

yeah on/off power delivery

went skunk2 ultra street + 70mm tb route

I am thinking about skunk2 ultra too.
In your opinion do you think it was worth the upgrade?

It's not exactly cheap, I don't really have £800 to spunk if its not worth it.

Ive read they can be a bit of a pig to get set up correctly. Will cost a lot more than £800 to have a set running that's for sure!

Worth it just for the sound though ;)

Throttle response is amazing as is the sound but to get the most from them you need to up the compression and get it mapped obviously. I have TWM's on mine Jenvey's are a little better imo though.

these are awesome when there set up but it will drink juice becasue of the way that they idle with the itbs they rev up an down constantly u should do it tho be ****in mad if i had the money i would or if it was a track car

What utter crap, if they are fitted properly and mapped by someone who knows what they are doing they start and idle like oem and drivability is better than oem, so many people bung on a throttle body setup that has been cobbled together then have a monkey with one eye map it and blame the poor idle and driveability on the fact its on bodies.

I had a set of OBX itb's on my high comp B20, perfect idle, was great on fuel (when I wasnt hammering it) - and the intake noise they created was amazing, far better throttle response over the oem intake mani/tb.

Wooks now has them :lol:

Wooks no longer has them, they are on an eg6 now, i have jenveys ;)

well in that case every rally car iv ever seen must havebeen mapped wrong :blabla:

I think that's more to do with aggressive cam profiles?

Yup, and probably some sort of race fuel being used such as e85, and them being mapped slightly rich to aid cooling.

Far from daily cars really.

Sorry to hijack this, but makes sense while it's being talked about, ITB's are something I also want to do, my Engines a b16b head, block and pistons stroked on B18 crank and rods compression ratio works out at 12.74 is that high enough to run them well? Excuse my ignorance in this area haha

Yup, and probably some sort of race fuel being used such as e85, and them being mapped slightly rich to aid cooling.

Far from daily cars really.

ah i apologize so sorry haha :D

I've got twm 52mm used ITB set for sale which I bought for my project, but I left skunk2 pro mani with 70mm and now thinking about k swap, so this will be for sale.

Back