Airbox Resonator removal

Honda Junkie

97 EK9 :-)
Donator
I'm planning on removing the resonators from the air intake coz from what ive read its a goog cheap mod. ONly thing is i have no idea of where to even start.

Is there a thread on the forum where it takes you through it?? Had a look in a couple of different sections but couldnt see it :((

or can anyone give me a clue of where to start??

cheers

take teh front bumper off, (four clips or so above grill 2 10mm headed bolts under bumper and then pull gently)

then remove resonater, easy as that, tape up teh hole from teh U pipe if you wish,,

I just cut open the resonator box. So it acts as a cold air scoop/feed. I did this on my EK3 and my ITR(yesterday) on the ITR its made quite a difference in noise. Performance wise, I've not really had the chance to rip it because I'm bedding in new clutch...

if ur carefull u can just take off the splash guard in the drivers side arch and pull it out through there but be carefull because u could damage the bumper if ur abit to rough

no need to remove the bumper at all...take off the drivers side wheel. remove the splash guard and pull back the lining a little and theres a few bolts holding it in and it pretty much just pulls out. easy..took me about 15 mins tops.

everyone always seems scared of removing the bumper when in reality it takes about 2 minutes to remove,,

Did it today well kinda.....

Took of the bumper which actually took 2 minutes or less and slackened off the splash guards so i had easier access to get into everything and it turns out the previous owner in japan had removed it already lol.

So after looking at the pipe work and and thinking why on earth does it suck air from the engine bay i decided to cut the U-tube so that it comes straight from the airbox down and then put another piece of pipe after that which runs to the grill at the bottom of the bumper (just above the splitter) which acts as a cold air feed.

Sealed the pipe joins and thats it. Stock airbox with drop in filter and cold air feed. Easiest mod i've ever done :)

Was thinking bout making a ram air system with a larger plastic pipe section covering the front of say half the grill in a rectangle shape which then goes up to the airbox using the tubes i have already.

Any thoughts??

everyone always seems scared of removing the bumper when in reality it takes about 2 minutes to remove,,

Worthy point, its one of the easiest bumpers i've ever removed, makes your life so much easier too!!

Back