Decat Pipe Size - Is 2" Pipe Bore To Small For EK9?

VTI_EG_DAN

Hey all, Well I bought a decat pipe from tegiwa imports, posted up pics on a local forum ofr all parts Iv picked up so far for the 9, some one said the pipe size looked pretty small on my decat,

so I measured it and the bore of the pipe is 2", will this be ok for the decat?

DSC00108.jpg

the bit that goes onto manifold etc is right sizes, so it will fit fine,

but i mean the the actual diameter of the pipe not big enough?

Didnt you specify what size you wanted to Tegiwa ? :(

yes this is only one they did, i told them i wanted one for ek9 and they said this was correct

the collector is 2.5" but the acutal piping isnt

so am I going to have a problem with this?

Last edited:
You wont have a problem. Its just the piping diameter is a bit small.
Ideally you want 2.5" as said.

that will be a bit restrictive and would be the smallest diamater piece of pipe in the system, i would send it back!

Hmmm I think that decat is for a ek4, I used a toyota 4runner tube to "decat" my car :nerv:

way too small, even for the SOHC users... you need 60mm or 2.5" at least.

yeh I have emailed them again, will see if they reply this time, where can I get a decat from at a decent price?

dont want an adjustable one :)

got a reply

"Basically we got our metal place to copy one we removed from a fresh import. Its an exact replica of the one we took off

It came off a JDM Dc2 therefore had the 2.5in collector, but only small pipework. I dont know if there is a reason for this but thats how it came and if you try it you will find they work well

Ive fitted two in the past two days on JDM ITR's and they make a good difference"

asked for a refund so will see what they say

Last edited:
I've noticed a fair bit of users using a decat/testpipe that is non-resonated.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that price can obviously be kept low and also the shipping weight as well as the mounted weight on the car.

However, I feel that the exhaust note can often be very raspy/crackling and boomy with a decat shown by VTI_EG_DAN

I am using something similar to this:
t1r.testpipe-dc2.jpg

image000ne7.jpg

In my experience, especially with N1 type exhausts, the sound LEVEL is decreased slightly, but the sound QUALITY and TONE is far superior to that of just a straight decat pipe. I suppose I could describe it as "smoother."

Perhaps not the best example, but I think it sounds pretty good albeit it might be a little too much for most owners here:
YouTube - the beast

I've noticed a fair bit of users using a decat/testpipe that is non-resonated.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that price can obviously be kept low and also the shipping weight as well as the mounted weight on the car.

However, I feel that the exhaust note can often be very raspy/crackling and boomy with a decat shown by VTI_EG_DAN

In my experience, especially with N1 type exhausts, the sound LEVEL is decreased slightly, but the sound QUALITY and TONE is far superior to that of just a straight decat pipe. I suppose I could describe it as "smoother."

Perhaps not the best example, but I think it sounds pretty good albeit it might be a little too much for most owners here:

agreed on all points x10 :nice:

Back