Thinking of selling my N1 for Quietness

Yella-9

Hi Folks..
Im thinking about changing my Spoon N1 backbox and Meerkat mid section for something a bit quieter, the spoon sounds amazing but we have a baby on the way and its just going to be a bit loud, so thinking about a Buddyclub spec IV or something kool but a bit more discreet.. Any suggestions?

Haven't seen a meerkat exhaust for a while, mate used to have one and it was very good quality.

i have a cat back stainless fujitsubo legalis-r for sale. it's very quiet when cruising/idle etc but has a nice sound on vtec. looking for £350 including a tegiwa adjustable decat. could also fit for free if your interested? also have a sard high flow sports cat if it's quiet your after.

pm me if your interested

Yeah i was running an Apexi N1 and it was way to loud.
My girl even finds the twinloop to loud when in vtec :p

spoon sport street exhaust.

there're expensive but also quiet with a nice sporty tone throughout the rev range:nice:

Thanks guys.. really need to sell the exhaust thats on the car first to be honest.

Unfortunately I dont have enough posts yet for the for sale section lol..
il stick it up on a couple of other forums though..

Unfortunately I dont have enough posts yet for the for sale section lol..
il stick it up on a couple of other forums though..

Just a reminder that spoon n1 backboxes sell for at least £200-£300 depending on condition. If you sell the meerkat mid pipe and the spoon n1 for a good price then they shouldn't stick around for long. :nice:

Just a reminder that spoon n1 backboxes sell for at least £200-£300 depending on condition. If you sell the meerkat mid pipe and the spoon n1 for a good price then they shouldn't stick around for long. :nice:

Thanks buddy..

I just have to add that I have a 5zigen full system & found it helped for my baby It just sends her to sleep Yet in the CR-v we have which is completly quiet she stays awake lol. And its very easy to drive the EK9 quietly when you have baby on board :)

Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

I have a 5zigen Fireball Cat Back if you would be interested in that. Possible swap?

Whereabouts in Scotland are you?

I have a 5zigen Fireball Cat Back if you would be interested in that. Possible swap?

Sounds like a possibility bud.. im between Ek and Cambuslang at the moment, what about yourself?

Im just outside Hamilton mate.

How loud is your exhaust, is it MEGA loud constantly, or only on Vtec?

Last edited:
Its actually fine on the motorway bud, around town its quite loud but quite good though :) The Meerkat mid pipe seems to make it sound deeper, and rumble more than the typical Spoon N1 Rasp, Ive got a Tegiwa decat on it now which has made it louder too! Between the Missus and the baby am just after something a bit more descreet lol

Cool, well let me know if you are up for swapping these over.

:)

have a look at the tanabe exhuasts. the hyper medalion is great for what you want..

Umm the miracle fireball is louder than the N1. All your doing is a side step your be in exactly the same position with fireball

I just have to add that I have a 5zigen full system & found it helped for my baby It just sends her to sleep Yet in the CR-v we have which is completly quiet she stays awake lol. And its very easy to drive the EK9 quietly when you have baby on board :)

Lol i don't have a baby myself but my mate's kid was only about 8 months old when she went in my starlet and she slept perfectly and that had a screamer pipe... i then had an old saab 9000 aero and it was dead quiet, she stayed awake though lol.
then i bought an EG6 with a full feel's system and she slept again and now sleep perfectly in with the Spoon N1 on the EK.

swear loud exhuast are good for kid's also the starlet had tein monoflex set to the hardest... she was fine with it.

Sorry to spam the thread lol but thought i'd say as its a nice coinsidence :clap:

lol.. dont worry about spamming the thread man Im open to opinions!
I had a medalion concept G on one of my old Tegs, that was quite loud too, had a Magnaflow on my other Teg and it sounded great but not sure its right for an Ek9, i feel obligated to put a jap exhaust on it for some reason lol

What about a Buddyclub spec IV??

Back