Itg Airbox with custom Induction hose setup

Zen

I've been on the lookout for an Itg Carbon Induction airbox as I had one on my teg a few years back and really rate them.

Unfortunately they don't come up for sale that often for EK4 and Ek9 fitment so I recently bought a DC2 version as I think the airbox is basically the same and its the intake pipe bends/lengths that differ.

I actually made a few mistakes with my purchases but then used them to my benefit by completely removing the oem air intake hose.

The induction hose I bought I had to cut to length here and there but it was quite straight forward.

Heres what I bought incase anyone's interested in a similar setup.

1 x DC2 type ITG Carbon airbox = £120
1 x 76mm 45 degree Aluminium anodised elbow = £16
1 x Silicone Hose Reducer 80mm - 76mm RED = £20
1 x 80mm - 70mm Silicone 45 degree Elbow Reducer = £20

Think I could have got some of the hose's cheaper but still not a bad price for the complete setup.

The airbox gives quite a deep sound and together with my decat and twinloop sounds great. throttle response seems to have improved too. The ITG kits have a foam filter similar to spoon.

P1020001_DCE.jpg

P1010999_DCE.jpg

P1010996_DCE.jpg

P1010998_DCE.jpg

P1020003_DCE.jpg

P1020004_DCE.jpg

Does that intake air from in behind the rad??

Would it not be better going in from the wing like the mugen one.

nice job , think should run a cold air feed up to it as hot air from rad , not good, or if you remove the red braket you could twist it over to the hole behide the head light, or both :)

nice job , think should run a cold air feed up to it as hot air from rad , not good, or if you remove the red braket you could twist it over to the hole behide the head light, or both :)

Thanks for the idea, I Think this is better. :D
Tape is a temporary measure until I get another hose clip.

IMG_0066_DCE.jpg

IMG_0069_DCE.jpg

Last edited:
Back